PDA

View Full Version : books on tape for college textbooks???

HC5831
03-28-2005, 04:55 AM
I've been looking for books on tape for my college books and I can't find any. I'm an extremely slow reader, taking 5 minutes a page. You can imagine how much time I spend trying to read chapters out of my textbooks...

So I'm drawing on the wealth of knowledge of the zoo to find some audio tape or audio cd textbooks. Where can I buy them? Are they even made?

Thanks,
HC

PeeWeeH
03-28-2005, 05:00 AM
People like you are the reason we are starting to suck at science and will all have to learn Chinese in twenty years. Lazy bastard. If you can't read fast enough, get a job that doesn't require a brain.

PeeWee

bdk3clash
03-28-2005, 05:03 AM
Anyone else immediately think of the Seinfeld episode where George pretends to be blind to get the book on tape about risk management?

Macdaddy Warsaw
03-28-2005, 05:42 AM
If you can fake a disability, you might be able to get the college to hire somebody in the course to read it into a tape recorder and then you would get the tapes. I actually almost did that but then realized I never do the readings and that I would hate to start.

Shajen
03-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Damn, some of these replies are harsh.

As far as your reading speed goes, only thing that is going to help is...yep, more reading.

The more you read, the faster you'll get.

GL.

As far as your question, I'm assuming you've already googled, gone to amazon and ebay right?

HC5831
03-29-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, some of these replies are harsh.

As far as your reading speed goes, only thing that is going to help is...yep, more reading.

The more you read, the faster you'll get.

GL.

As far as your question, I'm assuming you've already googled, gone to amazon and ebay right?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I'm not worried about the punks on 2+2. Everyone thinks they're a tough guy online.

Yes, I searched all those sites you mentioned and many more. I'm guessing that colleges don't like the idea of college textbooks on tape for normal students. I don't understand why. Learning is learning, no matter how it is done.

HC