PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush with paired board

MiguelSanchez
03-28-2005, 04:32 AM
Just started playing NL, so bear with me here.

This was at Golden Palace Poker, so I don't have a hand history. I'll describe it as best as I can.

6 Max .25/.50 NL Ring Game

Me: $40 or so, in BB
Main Villain has me covered by a lot in MP

Table is pretty Loose/Passive preflop, and I don't think villain has bluffed much.

Hole Cards: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Everyone limps to me, I check.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

Check all around

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check all around again

River: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $4
Villain raises $15
I...

I guess my asking this question gives away the results, but should I be afraid to push here without a strong read?

dtbog
03-28-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This was at Golden Palace Poker, so I don't have a hand history.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even read the post yet -- but it's too bad that there's still a market for online poker sites that don't offer hand histories.

Personally, I'd avoid that like the plague.

-dB

MiguelSanchez
03-28-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was at Golden Palace Poker, so I don't have a hand history.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even read the post yet -- but it's too bad that there's still a market for online poker sites that don't offer hand histories.

Personally, I'd avoid that like the plague.

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know, I don't like it either, I'm only playing there for a 100% bonus. I've been building my bankroll from an initial $100 seed money so every dollar counts.

One read I forgot to mention was that I didn't put him on high pocket pairs, since he had put me all in when I was around $20 with his QQ and I doubled up with my AA. Other than that he seemed to have no problem limping with almost any cards.

tbach24
03-28-2005, 04:49 AM
This may be a bit weak but I think calling would be best. I'm kind of tight weak though. Any 6 will probably paid off a push, as will a smaller flush likely. I don't know, pushing is probably fine.

sawseech
03-28-2005, 05:15 AM
if the board is paired
it is a high flush
can a flush be the nuts on a paired board?

pzhon
03-28-2005, 01:20 PM
To raise in this situation, the villain ought to have quads, a full house, or a complete bluff. If you push, you gain nothing extra from a bluff, and any full house will probably call. So, I don't recommend pushing.

I'd call, though I don't seem to catch enough bluffs to make it worth it. Maybe your opponent raised with trips or the second nut flush. It is about a pot-sized raise, so you have to be ahead about 1/3 of the time to make it worth calling.

PinkSteel
03-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Does anyone throw in a flop bet, primarily to see where you are and perhaps build the pot a little? Or are you too shortstacked for that?