PDA

View Full Version : PP33 hand. How NOT to play AA

kyro
03-28-2005, 04:17 AM
Blinds at 10/20. I've been card dead and haven't played a hand in just about 3 orbits. I'm sitting at about 910 or so. I see the beautiful AA in UTG+1. UTG limps. Because I'm sneaky like a fox, and have no clue whether or not this table is aggressive or not (ADD has its drawbacks), I limp along too. I'm gonna trap those terrible players! 3 more limpers, SB completes, BB checks. Well played dumbass.

So 7 to the flop for T140. Flop comes 762 with 2 spades. I don't have a spade. I don't even have an effin clue. Checked to me. Should I just click the fold button and then yank out my ball hairs one by one? It's painful. One got tugged tonight. I think it's a deserving punishment.

Anyways, I bet 150 because I'm a retard. UTG+2 who has me covered raises to 400. Folded to me. Now, if my read on this guy was that he was an idiot, I'd push. (I later found out by actually watching the table that he was indeed a fool, but foresight is 20/10000) But apparently I'm too good to have reads. A cookie to anyone who tells me how terribly I played this in the harshest words possible. Also, a more preferable line postflop (PF is a no-brainer) would kick ass too. Thanks. Hugs.

billyjex
03-28-2005, 04:23 AM
I know you didn't ask for it, but raise preflop.

kyro
03-28-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know you didn't ask for it, but raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

let's say i didn't suck at poker and my read was that the table was aggressive PF. a limp-reraise is acceptable here?

kyro
03-28-2005, 05:30 AM
Same Party 33 Tourney. I got incredibly lucky to get where I am. TT wins an amazing 4 person all-in PF against AKd, ATs and QQ. Anyways, I'm moved to another table and I get these two hands. Once again, I don't have strong reads, though this time it's more because I've only been here for one orbit.

Hand 1: Blinds at 100/200. I have T3265. Folded to villain in CO who minraises to 400. I call in the BB with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif Villain has me covered.

Pot: T900
Flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

What's my plan?

Hand 2: I have T6530. Folded to me on the button. I raise to T600 with K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. Huge stack BB calls. Villain in this hand has been busting people left and right. He's got about T21K and is the chip leader of the tourney. Since building the stack though, he's gotten a bit careless and been playing way too many hands. I put him on any two.

Pot: T1300
Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain checks. I bet T900. Villain calls.

Pot: T3100
Turn: (8 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain checks. Now what?

kingele
03-28-2005, 06:16 AM
at this point the blinds are still too small to attempt to limp re-raise. You should save that for when the blinds go up and the gap becomes bigger, so there are less limpers in the hand

bmxreed36
03-28-2005, 09:10 AM
First, I'd would go for a big check-raise, possibly all-in, especially if he is the type to make a continuation bet with here. I wouldn't be surprised if he folded since there's a good chance it was a weak blind-steal attempt but if he does call, you got 15 outs over two cards.
The second hand looks like an easy check to me. You'd really love to see that river and what's the cheapest way? Sounds like he's the type who's not folding here anyway if he has any piece of the board and I'm sure you'd hate to be raised by him. Hopefully, you hit one of your many outs and he bets into you since you just showed weakness. If you don't hit one, easy fold without having invested too much.

rtadoyle
03-28-2005, 10:21 AM
LOL you n00b! don't you watch tilt!!!!1 Never slow play aces and kings!!!! lol!1

</satire

Sam T.
03-28-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First, I'd would go for a big check-raise, possibly all-in, especially if he is the type to make a continuation bet with here. I wouldn't be surprised if he folded since there's a good chance it was a weak blind-steal attempt but if he does call, you got 15 outs over two cards.
The second hand looks like an easy check to me. You'd really love to see that river and what's the cheapest way? Sounds like he's the type who's not folding here anyway if he has any piece of the board and I'm sure you'd hate to be raised by him. Hopefully, you hit one of your many outs and he bets into you since you just showed weakness. If you don't hit one, easy fold without having invested too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup and yup.

kyro
03-28-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Same Party 33 Tourney. I got incredibly lucky to get where I am. TT wins an amazing 4 person all-in PF against AKd, ATs and QQ. Anyways, I'm moved to another table and I get these two hands. Once again, I don't have strong reads, though this time it's more because I've only been here for one orbit.

Hand 1: Blinds at 100/200. I have T3265. Folded to villain in CO who minraises to 400. I call in the BB with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif Villain has me covered.

Pot: T900
Flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

What's my plan?

Hand 2: I have T6530. Folded to me on the button. I raise to T600 with K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. Huge stack BB calls. Villain in this hand has been busting people left and right. He's got about T21K and is the chip leader of the tourney. Since building the stack though, he's gotten a bit careless and been playing way too many hands. I put him on any two.

Pot: T1300
Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain checks. I bet T900. Villain calls.

Pot: T3100
Turn: (8 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain checks. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh good. I suck less at poker than I thought, because I did exactly what you both suggested. Hand 1, villain bet out around 1000. This made my check-raise allin less attractive because I only had about 1800 behind, but I did it anyways. Villain calls with AQ and the K /images/graemlins/club.gif on the turn wins it for me.

Second hand. I check behind villain. Turn is a club without pairing the board, but not the A /images/graemlins/club.gif. Villain thinks for a bit and pushes me all-in. I call. He has T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sadly I finished in 92, 22 away from the money. I could have folded my way into 70th place, but that seemed awfully unambitious.

Roman
03-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Hand 1: Check raise all in, pretty easy.
Hand 2: I am a big semibluffer and push vs most ppl here, he is a bigstack however, so I prolly check behind and try to get paid if I catch on river.

Roman
03-28-2005, 05:33 PM
I would never limp behind with AA without a read on the table, but once you are there, I bet 80-100 and throw up if raised. I really dont want to swell the pot here.