PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 two paired flop

Shaman
03-28-2005, 04:09 AM
I had ran up my 100 into 350 over 4 hours of play. My image has been loose-aggressive as I stole a lot of flops and made a lot of small pre-flop raises almost from any position.

The hand: Six players call the 2 dollar big blind when I see a K8o on the button. Knowing that the SB and BB are tight-passive, I call. SB calls then BB raises 5 more to 7 dollars. Everyone except two call.

Flop comes K83 two flush. Everyone checks to me and I bet 40. Everyone folds except the player seated four to my right.

Turn comes 9 offsuit. At this point, I have about 300. My lone opponent moves all in for $210. What should I do at this point?

This post concerns only what I should do on the turn. Call or fold?

Shaman
03-28-2005, 10:01 AM
bump

xorbie
03-28-2005, 11:07 AM
If he had a set he probably would have raised the flop, but maybe not. There are tons of possibilities for his hand, because your turn bet was not that large. What were the two flush on the flop? If it was 83 then I think that K9s is a likely possibility.

rikz
03-28-2005, 12:21 PM
He knows you are a LAG. So he figures you for at least a Kx, maybe 2 pair, but not AK or even a big Kx since you'd probably raise things like KQ on the button, seeing as you've been LAGing it up.

If you'd had a set earlier in the session and check/raised it, then he might figure you don't have a set. If you've been betting your draws, he might figure you for a flush draw. Most likely, he figures you for a TPWK.

He limped in, then called a $5 raise from BB.
That probably means low pocket pairs or suited connectors, possibly Axs or Kxs.

What low pocket pairs or suited connectors match the flop that would prompt a stop and go from villain?

88 - set (since you have an 8, this is somewhat less likely)
33 - set
89s, K8s, K9s - 2 pair with a flush draw

He check/called your $40 bet on the flop, then pushed the turn for more than the pot.

I don't think an unimproved flush draw would push this big on the turn.

So, how many hands do you beat? You beat 89, tie K8 unless he hits a flush, and are dominated by the sets.

Unless this guy is a habitual bluffer trying to put a move on you because he figures you for a LAG bully who folds under pressure, then you should probably fold.

Did I miss any of villain's hands?

Albert

rikz
03-28-2005, 06:00 PM
I wanted to update villain's possible holdings.

"What low pocket pairs or suited connectors match the flop that would prompt a stop and go from villain?"

Updated list:

88 - set (since you have an 8, this is somewhat less likely)
33 - set
89s (if the 8 on the board is not the flush suit), K8o (can't be both the same as the two-to-a-flush suit), or K9s (if the K on the board is not the flush suit) making 2 pair with a flush draw
or
KQs or KJs (if the K on the board is not the flush suit) giving him top pair, best kicker that would not have raised preflop AND a high flush draw.

I still think this is a fold and wait for a better opportunity. Also, even though you didn't want to talk about pre-flop, I would have folded preflop to avoid this kind of tough decision in the first place. I think this kind of hand will often get you into trouble (i.e. flop is KKT, you go all in only to find someone with KQ has you out-kicked, etc.).

Albert