PDA

View Full Version : Trading/selling STEPs?

luckycharms
03-28-2005, 03:59 AM
Does anybody buy or sell partypoker STEPs?

deathpotato
03-28-2005, 05:41 AM
They are non-transferable. You'd have to work out a setup where you would clear your money out of your Party account, give the buyer your password, have him log on, play, and transfer any winnings to his account, then you would have to change your password. It'd be a major pain to organize.

Personally, I'd suggest playing the tournament. Two months ago, I won my way up from a step 1 to a step 5, and I posted a thread very similar to this one, but decided to play it in the end. I didn't cash, but it was a really good learning experience (not to mention exciting)! It's up to you whether you want to try to organize this sale or not, obviously, but I'd encourage you to play it yourself. Hell, your expectation for the tournament, while probably a good deal less than $1065, will likely also be a fair amount greater than whatever price you could sell the freeroll for. You don't need to be among the best at the table to win these in the short term!

luckycharms
03-28-2005, 04:57 PM
anyone wanna buy a STEP 3? The early sats are fairly easy for me to beat, but my BR is too small to play a $215.... if this type of "soliciting" isn't allowed on these forums, i understand, but I am a poster here, and can assure legitimacy.... pm me for bargaining.

citanul
03-28-2005, 05:22 PM
first off: "i can assure legitimacy" is one funny statement.

second: your bankroll has nothing to do with the steps.

third: if you weren't going to play them, you shouldn't have started playing the lower steps.

fourth: they are non-transferrable.

fifth: sigh

citanul

luckycharms
03-28-2005, 05:30 PM
hmm... i guess i'll keep ya updated then

luckycharms
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
played the 215, pushed all-in for a full 1k stack, got called by AKs, got outflopped

citanul
03-28-2005, 09:24 PM
i'm guessing you're saying you had something better than AKs then?

citanul