PDA

View Full Version : Finding out how much rakeback you are going to get.

Schizo
03-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Other than using PT, is there a way to find out how much rakeback you are gong to get from a site? If you get 25% rakeback how do you tell how much you've been raked or will be refunded?

ChoicestHops
03-28-2005, 03:16 AM
Hopefully your affiliate is legit and honest. I believe all the Party skins have a rake of .50 for a $5+ pot at .50/1.

sthief09
03-28-2005, 03:30 AM
Game Notes tab. the white bar at the bottom. has a total rake and APH -->. divide the two numbers and multiply by your rate

theTourne
03-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Is taking the total rake and dividing by the average number of players really an accurate way to determine the rake you've paid? Take the following extreme example.

You play two hands.

Hand 1: 2 players, $3 are raked from the pot. Therefore you've "paid" $1.50.

Hand 2: 10 players, $0.25 is raked. Therefore you've "paid" $.025.

Your rake paid = $1.525

However, the average number of players would be (10+2)/2=6, the total rake paid is $3.25, and total take paid divided by average players is $3.25/6=$0.54.

Is this division really the method poker rooms use to attribute rake to players? It doesn't seem like the right way to figure out how much you've paid. I believe it would be close, but not exact.

Is this not worth worrying about? Am I understanding something completely wrong? Thanks.

hypermegachi
03-28-2005, 01:22 PM
i've never researched this, but i'd assume the poker rooms would base your rake contribution as a proportion to how much you wagered into the pot.

for example, if you wagered $10 of a $30 pot, and the rake was $3, then you would have contributed $1 to the rake.

JEM7VSBL
03-28-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've never researched this, but i'd assume the poker rooms would base your rake contribution as a proportion to how much you wagered into the pot.

for example, if you wagered $10 of a $30 pot, and the rake was $3, then you would have contributed $1 to the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. if you're dealt cards, you've contributed to the rake.

IsaacW
03-28-2005, 03:43 PM
You are right, but I think over a large number of trials (Total Rake)/APH approaches the true value of your rake paid.

I can't prove this, however...

twowords
03-28-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are right, but I think over a large number of trials (Total Rake)/APH approaches the true value of your rake paid.

I can't prove this, however...

[/ QUOTE ]

The added benefit of rakeback to a winning player is that since the winners are tigher than the losers, they pay less rake. However, rakeback is calculated by percentage so everyone gets the same rakeback from the same tables, even if the loose player ocntributed much more.

Pretty nicely constructed system.

liquidboss
03-28-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Game Notes tab. the white bar at the bottom. has a total rake and APH -->. divide the two numbers and multiply by your rate

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how it's done with PT, make sure you hit "get all" so all the hands you've played are counted. There is no other way short of seeing the tracker your affiliate has you on (if you are on your own.)

theTourne
03-28-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with you (and I can't prove it either). I've just been surprised that total rake/APH is always quoted as the attributable rake, even though it's not precise. Maybe this has been discussed before? I'm certainly not worried about it.