PDA

View Full Version : Was folding the correct move here?

thatjohnkid
03-28-2005, 02:00 AM
I don't know I think I may have messed this up, but my gut feeling was telling me that I was beat or I was gonna get shaffted majorly on the river. If I had a larger bankroll I would have pushed for sure I think, but this was hard.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($5.7)
CO ($25.4)
Button ($6.88)
SB ($12.5)
BB ($67.7)
UTG ($29.15)
Hero ($25.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $4, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $2.

Turn: ($13.50) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $28.50

PoBoy321
03-28-2005, 02:01 AM
Raise the flop and no, I personally wouldn't fold here.

soLit
03-28-2005, 02:42 AM
I cant beleive you folded that, the only hand besides another overset that would bea tyou would be k/q, and assuming he had k/q or a overset I doubt he would push everything anyway. He would try to milk some money out of a nut straight or a high set. You folded the best hand for sure.

FreakDaddy
03-28-2005, 02:49 AM
Raise the flop. What range of hands are you putting BB and UTG on here? You have two limpers and you dropped a set. It's very probable that UTG has open ended straight and you need to end his drawing odds here. Bet big kid. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But to answer your question, no I wouldn't have folded.

kurto
03-28-2005, 02:52 AM
"He would try to milk some money out of a nut straight or a high set. You folded the best hand for sure." Though I agree he probably was ahead... I've begun pushing with the nuts sometimes earlier then later... only because so many party players will call it. (usually if they're super laggy)

thatjohnkid
03-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Yah normally I probally would've pushed back all in, but I was tired and I couldn't find my "balls" lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif When I saw that flop, I was like this is gonna be the biggest hand of the night, but I let it slip through my fingers. Ohwell live and learn.

noggindoc
03-28-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know I think I may have messed this up, but my gut feeling was telling me that I was beat or I was gonna get shaffted majorly on the river. If I had a larger bankroll I would have pushed for sure I think, but this was hard.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($5.7)
CO ($25.4)
Button ($6.88)
SB ($12.5)
BB ($67.7)
UTG ($29.15)
Hero ($25.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $4, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $2.

Turn: ($13.50) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $28.50

[/ QUOTE ]

With a bet and a raise on the flop, I'd put in a healthy reraise right there. You are ahead the vast majority of the time and at least one of the players will have something good enough to call with and you can push a non scary turn.

tripdad
03-28-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yah normally I probally would've pushed back all in, but I was tired and I couldn't find my "balls" lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif When I saw that flop, I was like this is gonna be the biggest hand of the night, but I let it slip through my fingers. Ohwell live and learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) it doesn't take "balls" to bet big when you flop a set. it takes understanding you are ahead...way ahead...of your opponents the vast majority of time.

b) playing badly because you are tired is tilt. learn to recognize when you are tilted, and stop playing when you see it.

cheers!

phil_ivey_fan
03-28-2005, 06:33 PM
you def need to raise the flop... maybe you are trying to milk it, but there is a straight draw and a flush draw. PP 25NL tables are full of flush drawing idiots. I'd bump the flop to 10-12$.