PDA

View Full Version : Lousy King in a lousy game

BottlesOf
03-28-2005, 01:23 AM
4 handed game. SFer on my immediate left, MaxPower on my immediate right. The other player is a friend of mine, not a 2+2er, but he knows we are, and is proceeding accordingly.

The game is 7.50/15.00 with a $5 sb. We are not donking, and there is plenty of X level thinking going on, but this results in some unconventional playing.

So, I'm on the bb. SFer folds, my friend folds, MaxPower opens in the sb.

What do you do with KXo for various values of X? I understand you won't play a hand the same way all the time, so answer accordingly.

Danenania
03-28-2005, 01:40 AM
This might be a decent time for some game theory. You could use the suit of your K to randomly mix up your play between 3-betting, calling and raising any flop, calling and feeling out the flop, etc.

BottlesOf
03-28-2005, 01:43 AM
So you're saying K2-K9 or KT would all be treated the same-i.e. randomly?

I'm assuming big Kings you'd not fold and raise wiht a higher frequency.

Danenania
03-28-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah I guess it would only apply to K2-K6 as K7 and above are not lousy and should probably be 3-bet everytime.

BottlesOf
03-28-2005, 10:22 AM
ty

Grisgra
03-28-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but he knows we are, and is proceeding accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a better description of what this means would be helpful /images/graemlins/smile.gif. How aggressive is he in the SB -- this can't exactly be the first time he's open-raised. Is he trying to out-trick you, or is he just playing solid hands?

[ QUOTE ]

What do you do with KXo for various values of X? I understand you won't play a hand the same way all the time, so answer accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have position on him -- I really can't imagine folding EVER. Maybe the super-weak kings if you're in a downshift, but that's about it.

I'd probably reraise with most of my strong kings, and some of my weak ones, call with some of my strong kings, most of my weak ones. Overall 30% reraise, 70% call. 4-handed with thinking players is SO player dependent, though, I don't know that you're going to get much useful advice. Except that folding would be extraordinarily bad most of the time.

BottlesOf
03-28-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think a better description of what this means would be helpful . How aggressive is he in the SB -- this can't exactly be the first time he's open-raised. Is he trying to out-trick you, or is he just playing solid hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how it's that important--he folded. MaxPower is the one who opened in the sb.

MercTec
03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
In a 4 handed game with aggressive players I think its an autoraise for the SB, so if I look and see any paint I'm 3 betting with position.

Grisgra
03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think a better description of what this means would be helpful . How aggressive is he in the SB -- this can't exactly be the first time he's open-raised. Is he trying to out-trick you, or is he just playing solid hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how it's that important--he folded. MaxPower is the one who opened in the sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry. Well, regardless, then it's a question of how Max is playing recently. I'm guessing he could be raising with any two, so I'd be less likely to give him credit for a hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif.