PDA

View Full Version : Preflop decision in PP .5/1

Yobz
03-28-2005, 01:04 AM
folded to MP1 (raised 2 of the 14 hands i have on him) who raises, folded to me in the BB. I fold ATo.
Would you call? What about ATs? AJs? Whats the minimum you would call with?

jaxUp
03-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Don't fold here.

bigmac366
03-28-2005, 01:17 AM
i call with ATO, AJo, and any PP. PP are played for overpair/set value depending on how big they are. with the ace i use the check/call, check/call, bet line unless i make 2 pair. i'll also call with any 2 nine or higher that are suited.

Yobz
03-28-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about A9o? Where is the line drawn?

Aaron W.
03-28-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i call with ATO, AJo, and any PP. PP are played for overpair/set value depending on how big they are. with the ace i use the check/call, check/call, bet line unless i make 2 pair. i'll also call with any 2 nine or higher that are suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Set value heads up is not so valuable.

bigmac366
03-28-2005, 01:52 AM
often times it depends on the texture of the flop as well. i might call down with 55 on a 962 rainbow flop, but not on a AKT flop.

Aaron W.
03-28-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
often times it depends on the texture of the flop as well. i might call down with 55 on a 962 rainbow flop, but not on a AKT flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling down is not the line you want to take in the 962 case.

einbert
03-28-2005, 01:59 AM
I 3-bet.

Shillx
03-28-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Set value heads up is not so valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not calling with a pocket pair getting 3.5:1 is bad poker. This is an auto call with any pair. Hands like ATo are much more questionable because they can make 2nd best hands so often. If you flop a set, you are almost certainly going to win the hand.

Brad

PokerProdigy
03-28-2005, 02:04 AM
If I was you I would probably fold ace-ten offsuit too. Yet, I would have called with ace-jack offsuit and ace-ten suited.

Shillx
03-28-2005, 02:07 AM
No I would fold ATo against an unknown. Someone suggested taking a cc/cc/bet line if you do flop top pair. That like sucks balls and here is why...

You are confiriming your worst fear that he is playing AA-TT/AK-AJ. You are in terrible shape agaisnt this range of hands and therefore should fold. You should only call if he will raise a hand like A7 or JT so we can get a lot of bets from him if we connect with the flop (he is an unknown so who knows what he has). So if you do call, you have to get aggressive and it is tough to think that your ATo is good against an unknown PFR when the flop comes Axx. The fear of domination is just too big here...fold.

Brad

afk
03-28-2005, 03:02 AM
For me this depends on how loose the guy is. If he's been really tight so far I might fold but if he's been dicking around I'd call.