PDA

View Full Version : check raising flop OOP vs. betting w.i. of 3betting

DcifrThs
03-28-2005, 12:54 AM
i was fortunate (and unfortunate) enough this session to encounter this situation 2 times.

assume avg. 30/60 player 22/12/2

i raise UTG w/ TT/JJ villian (above) 3 bets

flop comes overcard non ace. iether K or Q with my set card and an undercard that does not make a straight.

i like betting here b/c i can 3 bet the flop and tie the guy onto the pot. but if i bet and he has something like 99/88 im getting 0 bets outta him...whereas if i check, and raise, he will definately put 1 bet in there in case I have something like TT on a KJ5 flop. of course i make more if he has a k by betting and 3 beting

but i was thinking, and i couldn't get my mind around the possibilities/pr's here that there should be a way to tell rather than pure luck, when is best to do what...

so given there's a card out there above your set, if he has it, you'll get action, if not he'll fold to a bet.

if he has none of that card, then you get no action but 1 bet if you c'r, or even slow play till the turn.

SOOOO.....the point of the post is:

id like to hear experienced players' thoughts on this at 30/60 and above. AS WELL AS any other considerations.

thanks
-Barron

bicyclekick
03-28-2005, 01:06 AM
The one adv to c/r is you get to cap and also lead the turn. Sometimes he'll just call your c/r and raise you on the turna nd you get to 3 bet. Calling down a 4 bet of course.

DiamondDave
03-28-2005, 04:04 AM
Bet the flop so he can raise you.

DcifrThs
03-28-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop so he can raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i did, each time villian folded. i woiuld have gotten 1 bet if i checkraised and that only costs a little bit (same amount) if i checkraise when he would raise & call my 3bet.

-Barron