PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Stu Ungar's movie was "mediocre" at best. I will not

SittingBull
03-28-2005, 12:49 AM
be buying his biography. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
SittingBull

Andy B
03-28-2005, 02:53 AM
The reviews of the movie on this site have not been favorable, but Dalla is a good writer, and Ungar is an absolutely compelling figure, so I'm guessing that his biography will be worth reading.

jon_1van
03-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Yeah,
Still get the book off the shelf and read the first chapter. If it isn't too your liking don't buy it. But come on, how many movies completly suck even when the book is very good.

SittingBull
03-28-2005, 04:56 PM
One cannot usually judge a book by the movie based on the book.
SittingBull
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Michael Emery
03-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Is his biography out yet? If so whats the title?

Mike Emery

badvb750
03-28-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm still waiting to judge the movie. Blockbuster online rentals aren't that fast and all the movies I want to watch have a wait /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

mtdoak
03-28-2005, 06:58 PM
The movie wasn't based on the book, i believe

nortonmalc
03-29-2005, 03:09 PM
I was reading on another website a bunch of postings from Stu's daughter, Stephanie. She thought the movie was terrible as well and refused to have anything to do with it. She said though that they will be releasing a book about him around the time of the WSOP this year that she has had fulll participation in.

Howard Burroughs
03-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the review of the movie, Sitting Bull.

FWIW, (As others have noted) The movie and book are like apples and oranges. Nolan Dalla had nothing to do with the movie. The movie had heavy fabrications from my understanding whereas Nolan Dalla (author of the book) has done extensive research.

btw, I just called Nolan to get some up to date info for this thread (This Sitting Bull thread).....

The book will be on bookshelves everywhere on July 1st.

The title will be "One of a Kind". With a Stu Ungar subtitle naturally but One of a Kind will be the main title.

Hope that helps.

Best Wishes

Howard

SittingBull
03-29-2005, 06:30 PM
well among some poker readers.
SittingBull

Howard Burroughs
03-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Send me a reminder in June, Sitting Bull, and I'll be happy to pick up a copy of the book (I'll get it signed if I can) and send it to you free of charge (in thanks for your movie review above).

Best Wishes

Howard