PDA

View Full Version : OESFD's

tbach24
03-28-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm hanging out with some friends and playing some NL 25 on PS. I flop a OESFD and I bet pot on the flop and turn and then check/fold the river. Two of my friends that are both good players suggest that open pushing my stack into the pot would've been good. This is because on the turn you're behind any pair (other than bottom pair), but on the flop you're not behind much. Also, sometimes they may have larger flush draws and at that point you are [censored] as they will stack you when they have the larger flush draw, but they wouldn't have called on the flop, despite their large edge. Thoughts?

PoBoy321
03-28-2005, 12:27 AM
It depends on your position. If you're first to act, open-pushing is idiotic. If you were on the button and wanted to pull a Brunson, then that's cool.

pzhon
03-28-2005, 12:35 AM
An open push will usually take the pot, but I think there are better ways to play it. If you are in position, you can make a lot more when you hit, or you can make a big semi-bluff on the turn cheaply. If you are out of position, you should average more than the pot if you check-raise all-in.

Ole16
03-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Pot-/stack sizes would be nice too /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bweiser8311962
03-28-2005, 12:37 AM
i agree with your friends to a point. there are certain players who won't lay down a hand though. if you've been the aggressor and getting called, but not raised, i can see throwing a bluff out if no one could have made a straight or flush by the river.

BobboFitos
03-28-2005, 02:05 AM
whoever saidthis was wrong
everything is situational, some flops/situations would merit this play

also teddy, if dave said this he was probably joking. or maybe serious. but he's not a good cash player.

this is tournament thinking

tbach24
03-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Nate-dogg suggested it and DB concurred. Wes seemed dazed and the more I thought about it, the better it sounds.

sawseech
03-28-2005, 02:13 AM
save this play for NLT because some guy is going to call you with J8 2nd pair no draw and you're going to end up feeling very stupid 1/2 the time and that's never very fun

BobboFitos
03-28-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nate-dogg suggested it and DB concurred. Wes seemed dazed and the more I thought about it, the better it sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

it all depends on pot sizes. sure, the move might generate consistancy in terms of "pots won," but to label this the best overall play without regard to particular hands / stacks I think is bad.