PDA

View Full Version : A Question on Aggression

MeanGreenTT
03-27-2005, 10:38 PM
This is a live tourney with 90-120 people, $45 buy-in for T1000, 20 minute rounds starting at 10/15.

I've done well in this nightly tourney but am always looking for ways to improve my game. I'm always reading something, I take notes during play, I lurk/post here and play as much as I can. During February I played 8 tourneys and cashed in 3, netting $370. In March, I played 13 times, cashing in 4, netting $555.

The table has been shown some aggression pre-flop, some pre-flop limping with passive play following...all in all, it's pretty easy to read what's going on. I've played 3 hands besides the blinds during the 1st 2 rounds and've taken down 2 prior to a showdown. We're getting 10 hands dealt per round.

We're at the start of round 3 (25/50), just back from break and I'm at T1125.

The table folds to you in Cutoff+1 and you have J7o, what's the play?

Very next hand, table folds to you again and you have Q8o, again, what's the play?

The mood/feel of the table had certainly changed coming back from break....weird to say the least, none of this type of folding happened the 1st two rounds.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Gallo
03-27-2005, 11:03 PM
The table folds to you in Cutoff+1 and you have J7o, what's the play?

I usually fold and wish I had better cards.

Very next hand, table folds to you again and you have Q8o, again, what's the play?

Ok, they got higher, still not good enough.

Patience grasshopper, patience. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MeanGreenTT
03-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks...I just wonder if I pass up stealing opps in this situation with these or essentially "any two" cards.

Very next hand the table folded to me again and I open-raised to 200 with KT and took it down uncontested.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it tremendously!