PDA

View Full Version : 2pair in big pot, awkward river

steaknshake925
03-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Bodog 1/2nl, from memory so details might be off a lil.

Hero is BB with KJs, fishy bad calls-everything-and-bets-strength-of-hand villain is somewhere in EP, no reads on second villain who is in MP. Everybody has about $200ish in chips

preflop both villains call, somebody minraises to 4 and a bunch of people call, 8 to the flop.

flop: 10 6 K r (pot around $32)
Hero checks, FishyVillain bets $8.50, UnknownVillain calls, I make very marginal call. everyone else folds.

turn: 10 6 K J r (pot around $55)
I check (comments?), FishyVillain bets $14ish, UnknownVillain calls, and Hero checkraises to $55. so far so good? FishyVillain calls checkraise, UnknownVillain calls, UnknownVillain becomes ScaryMonsterVillain.

river: 10 6 K J 2 (pot around $180ish)
Hero: ???
everybody has about 120, 130ish left.

what to do with this river? results and my thoughts later

steaknshake925
03-28-2005, 11:25 PM
bizump

whos checkin and whos value bettin the river?

xorbie
03-29-2005, 04:46 AM
Is it normal for the fish to massively underbet the pot? If he is betting strength of hand, and betting 1/4 the pot, why not just raise him to $32 on this flop? That seems likely to get Unknown to define his hand better and if fishy is going to call with a lesser K (which his betting indicates he has) then great.. you gets heads up with horrible player and you have a hand that dominates him.

I could almost see Unknown having JQ here. He's definetely getting odds on that flop, and on the turn he is as well because he gets to call after fishy called, which means the pot is laying him better than 3:1, and he might be thinking he will get payed off if he hits (or he he might just be bad with pot odds).

On the river, I'd have to think your hand is good. No way is a set going to stay quiet on this turn with all that betting and any Q having an OESD.

I think if you push this river, fishy will likely call and just hope that unknown is not playing Q9 or AQ.