PDA

View Full Version : What's my line(s) against this weird action

shadow29
03-27-2005, 09:55 PM
I have no clue about c/rer. His first hand was the hand before, no stats, no nothing. He folded his post to a raise pf.

Should I have done anything differently?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ?

InchoateHand
03-27-2005, 10:34 PM
He wanted to know if his eights++ were good. They aren't.

That said, I wouldn't know what to do, and I've been clamming up on these rivers, so I might check it down. Short of a PP 88-TT or Ah + 7, I'm not sure what hand you can beat on the river and that will call you. On the other hand, without a 5 or the hearts, you are unlikely to be raised here with his funky 2pair or baby set, but the value bet is too thin for me since you have no idea about his calling standards.

drdre2001mm
03-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Bet the river.

Entity
03-27-2005, 10:54 PM
I would bet the turn and fold to a checkraise. As is, I'm betting the river.

PokerProdigy
03-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Good play preflop. You maybe should have capped it on the flop. One place that I think you definitely made a mistake is on the turn. Why give this guy a free card? Because if any heart, queen, king, or ace hits on the river, you may have just cost yourself the pot (and maybe an extra bet because you might call him if he bets the river if one of these scare cards falls). But then after he checks the turn and the river, I think you have to bet your jacks for value on the river.

shadow29
03-27-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

But why do this? To me, a flop c/r looks suspiciously like a poorly played flush draw. Either that or someone drawing thin to two outs. Wouldn't checking behind and then either calling or betting get you to sd for the same price?

cold_cash
03-27-2005, 11:07 PM
How can you narrow him down to a flush draw or a two-outer on the turn? What if he has 7x, or 88 with a heart, etc?

I wouldn't want to let him see a 4th heart for nothing.

Entity
03-27-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

But why do this? To me, a flop c/r looks suspiciously like a poorly played flush draw. Either that or someone drawing thin to two outs. Wouldn't checking behind and then either calling or betting get you to sd for the same price?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand is pretty vulnerable on this board, and if you get checkraised, you're damned certain you are behind and have nothing to draw to, right?

Checking with the J/images/graemlins/heart.gif would be more correct -- bet without it.

Here's a thread where I [censored] this up similarly. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=headsup&amp;Number=1948999)

It falls under the check with outs, bet without. You can comfortably fold to a checkraise here.

Rob

shadow29
03-27-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It falls under the check with outs, bet without. You can comfortably fold to a checkraise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. Thanks dude.