PDA

View Full Version : Poker Superstars 2

ClassicBob
03-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Is anyone watching this right now? Sklanksy has gotten Aces four times in this hour long episode. He doubled up through Mortensen, got sucked out on by Hoff's KK, and then eliminated Hoff with them a little while later.

Hold'me
03-27-2005, 09:26 PM
You beat me to the punch by one minute! You evil, evil man.

Russ McGinley
03-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Christ, another stupid "huge chip movement during commercial" as Myung suddenly has 750k. Lame lame lame.

ClassicBob
03-27-2005, 09:32 PM
The number of huge pocket pairs we've seen on this episode is absurd. I believe the count is AA five (or six) times, QQ once, KK once.

Russ McGinley
03-27-2005, 09:45 PM
PSI2 is RIGGED

ROFL, Cindy sucks out a 2-outer, Sklansky resucks a 6-outer.

TheShootah
03-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Aces again....this is getting gross....

ClassicBob
03-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Sklansky with his 5th pair of Aces. Up against Violette's 55, the flop is KQJ. A 5 on the turn puts DS behind, but a river T brings him back into the tourney.

DS and Violette seem to be trading blows, while Sexton is sitting back and watching it all (at least from the TV hands.)

Photoc
03-27-2005, 09:49 PM
All I'm getting on TV right now is reruns of last weeks episode. It's been on 3 times today. WTF is up with cox cable?

Russ McGinley
03-27-2005, 09:51 PM
I dunno, but Sklansky is catching pocket aces every other hand.

Photoc
03-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Ahh Goddamnnn basketball on FSN West right now is whats killing me. Gotta play them Lakers. Like anyone would rather watch that than poker nowadays!!!! WTF is wrong with FSN?? lol

ClassicBob
03-27-2005, 09:58 PM
DS wins, picking up 10 points in this weird ranking system.

PugUgly
03-28-2005, 01:07 AM
How is this not the worst poker series on TV yet? Such a shame, since some of the other foxsports stuff has been so good. The structure has rendered the "poker" completely pointless. Doesn't anybody think a little about what they're setting up?

I'd rather watch Celebrity-Guess-A-Number-Between-One-And-Ten than this all-in or fold fest.

There'd probably be less pocket aces in that show too.

flyingmoose
03-28-2005, 01:58 AM
I think it's kind of fun to watch great poker professionals play what amounts to a Party SnG, but none of the episodes have been enjoyable enough to waste valuable Tivo space on.

Russ McGinley
03-28-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's kind of fun to watch great poker professionals play what amounts to a Party SnG, but none of the episodes have been enjoyable enough to waste valuable Tivo space on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since its replayed 50 times during the week.

JPinAZ
03-28-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Christ, another stupid "huge chip movement during commercial" as Myung suddenly has 750k. Lame lame lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite was when they came back from commercial & the graphic shows Sklansky in 2nd or 3rd with $370K or so, and immediately after the graphic is shown he goes all in for $165K after posting a $30K blind.

jojobinks
03-28-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't anybody think a little about what they're setting up?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess so. barry greenstein wrote the structure.

Beavis68
03-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Superstars? Since when are these 2nd tier players superstars?

Nice seeing David and Sexton play, but come on.

And who the hell is Michael Konik? Man I hate that guy.

jojobinks
03-28-2005, 01:25 PM
i agree. there are some quality control issues here. more than that, however, they need a damn website.

betgo
03-28-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Superstars? Since when are these 2nd tier players superstars?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sort of like the NFL with replacement players. Most of the real superstars tried to negotiate a better deal and were replaced. Obviously, these guys can push as well as Brunson, Negreanu, Hanson, etc.

PuckNPoker
03-28-2005, 02:41 PM
I agree with Pug, worst poker show ever. The season pass on my Tivo didnt even last to episode 3.

barryg1
03-28-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't anybody think a little about what they're setting up?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess so. barry greenstein wrote the structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had little to do with the structure. I put in the time clock so we could get more hands in at each limit. Without the time clock, this would have been far less playable.

Barry

Easy E
03-28-2005, 05:28 PM
But you implied that you had more to do with it, when you were on the show with Kathy L.

Or was that the same thing and that's all you had a part in, Barry?

Easy E
03-28-2005, 05:29 PM
A few people taking shots. Look for the thread that starts with this post:

<font color="blue">Gee, I guess all it takes is a complete lack of humility and the most ridiculous luck I have ever seen to be 'one of the top 5 players out there'?

For those of you that didn't see it, this week's episode featured Sklanksy, Cyndi Violette, Mike Sexton, Carlos Mortenson and a few other semi unknowns. Sklansky, when interviewed says he's one of the top 5 players in the world (if you count his vast skills at every game, not just holdem). Even if he's right, that's a pretty ballsy statement to make.

He then proceeds to get cards smacking him in the face like balls on a rookie pr0n star. Had AA like 4 times in the first 3 rounds, 6 or 7 overall. Got other big pocket pairs, you name it. He still would (should) have been out in 2nd but his K7 sucked out on Violette's AA to make a flush. It was obscene. You would have sworn it was online or something.

What a tool. If his ridiculous luck and smarmy attitude mean we can't check out Violette's rack in the finals I'll be pissed! </font>

Talking about a tool.... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

WaimanaloSlim
03-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Superstars Invitational 2 would've been more watchable if it were pot limit. It's already volatile as a shorthanded game, so they might as well reduce the preflop racing out of the competition.

And knowing that 17 players turned down playing in this event, can't they get ONE of them in the commentary booth to correct Konik when he's wrong? Guess that's just workplace politics.

They also need to check that Shufflemaster.

wray
03-29-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Superstars Invitational 2 would've been more watchable if it were pot limit. It's already volatile as a shorthanded game, so they might as well reduce the preflop racing out of the competition.

And knowing that 17 players turned down playing in this event, can't they get ONE of them in the commentary booth to correct Konik when he's wrong? Guess that's just workplace politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have NOT investigate dthis and I don't remember exacts. I'm too lazy to do any research. But I believe I read on www.fullcontactpoker.com (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com) that Daniel and severla others boycotted this deal for whatever reason and when they decided they actually wanted to play then it was too late.

Actually I'm not that lazy. I'll go look it up.

wray
03-29-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have NOT investigate dthis and I don't remember exacts. I'm too lazy to do any research. But I believe I read on www.fullcontactpoker.com (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com) that Daniel and severla others boycotted this deal for whatever reason and when they decided they actually wanted to play then it was too late.

Actually I'm not that lazy. I'll go look it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Super Stars Invitational II also has an exciting format that I would have loved to participate in. Unfortunately I agreed to a vote along with 17 other players on whether or not we would play in the event based on the amount of money that would be added to the event.

I voted that we should play thinking that no group of 24 players was &amp;#8220;above the game&amp;#8220;, but when the majority of the others realized that it was silly not to play it was too late. We were replaced by other players as I would have expected. The vote initially looked something like 13 against playing and 4 pro playing, but if we'd voted three to four days later it would have been 15-2, or maybe 14-3 in favor of playing. I hate even thinking about the whole mess because I find it personally very aggravating.

DN

MrMon
03-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Upgrade your TiVo. It's pretty easy if you've ever opened the inside of a computer. I've got 240 hours in mine now.