PDA

View Full Version : No Ask Granny column this month?

Lawrence Ng
03-27-2005, 09:17 PM
As a loyal reader to the 2+2 magazine, I am dissapointed that there was no "Ask GrannyMae" column this month.

That is all.

Lawrence

MicroBob
03-29-2005, 08:33 PM
I am ashamed to admit this was one of the first things I noticed too.

stabn
03-29-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am ashamed to admit this was one of the first things I noticed too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be the jerk.

I noticed, i was glad. I didn't think it was funny and it wasted the space of an article in the magazine. No offense meant to Granny.

Stork
03-30-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i was glad. I didn't think it was funny and it wasted the space of an article in the magazine. No offense meant to Granny.

[/ QUOTE ]

nolanfan34
03-30-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think it was funny and it wasted the space of an article in the magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasted the space? IT'S THE INTERNET.

MEbenhoe
03-30-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think it was funny and it wasted the space of an article in the magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but Mason does have a quota of articles per month, so this argument is just as true here as in any other publication.

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 05:07 PM
lawrence,

ty for noticing.

for the record, i did not submit anything, but was invited to. there certainly is space for anything that mason wants to put in there and i can assure you that a good starategy article would NEVER, EVER have been bounced to insert my column.

for the tools that feel there is not enough room on the internet for a humor column in the 2+2 magazine, i feel sorry for them.

i can understand them not thinking it is funny. i've read their posts and the stuff they spew is MUCH funnier than anything i have ever written.

nolanfan34
03-30-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but Mason does have a quota of articles per month, so this argument is just as true here as in any other publication.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Granny said below, I would bet that they aren't going to bump a good strategy article...

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 05:49 PM
ok, admission time.

my first column was submitted for free. i did not want payment. as it turns out, these guys are class and paid me for my columns anyway, but i just wanted to contribute and i did not want anyone to get the bounce in lieu of my article.

my motivations have never been for the money, just to be granny and be part of the community's new mag. point is that he knows he does not even have to pay me for them, so space and money issues are flawed arguments. i would still do it for free. 2+2 has been a good thing for me since i retired and there is very little i would not do to help the stooges make this a better place.

as far as the reception my columns have gotten for their humor value, i addressed this a couple of months ago when i explained that i can't really be nasty ol' granny in the mag because it is a sponsored publication. so, i agree that they have not been as funny as they could be but i still challenge people to write one. i think there should be a humor column in this magazine because everyone needs to lighten up sometimes.

all the new people attracted to poker should understand that we are not only about folding equity and EV.

everyone should try and be less serious in life. it is good for your blood pressure.

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/funny/moon.gif

Stork
03-30-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there certainly is space for anything that mason wants to put in there and i can assure you that a good starategy article would NEVER, EVER have been bounced to insert my column.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that your articles were replacing strategy articles. If they're not, then keep 'em coming if you want. I don't think they are bad, I just wouldn't want them to replace something useful.

GrannyMae
03-30-2005, 07:18 PM
I was under the impression that your articles were replacing strategy articles.

honestly, this is why i 'came clean' about my first 2 columns. i would not have wanted to see that happen either.

Lawrence Ng
03-30-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think there should be a humor column in this magazine because everyone needs to lighten up sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my point. The article itself should be humorous and obvious for humor and I can't think of anyone witty enough to make the dissection other than Granny. Most of the articles submitted by other authors deal with more intermediate subjects on poker and I doubt anyone who reads the magazine will fail to distinguish what really is a strategy article as opposed to a mock humor one.

[ QUOTE ]
my motivations have never been for the money, just to be granny and be part of the community's new mag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: I don't want money, I take enough off you fishes on the poker table. I'm just hoping Mason will eventually realize how "hAwT" I am and realize I'm a poker goddess. (j/k Granny) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Lawrence

stabn
03-30-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

honestly, this is why i 'came clean' about my first 2 columns. i would not have wanted to see that happen either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under that impression as well. Thanks for clearing this up granny. And I really didn't mean any offense in my 'i'll be the jerk post', i was just trying to convey the feeling that your column didn't bring as much to the table as the average strategy column. If it isn't replacing one i'd love to see it there every month.

Clarkmeister
03-31-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am baffled at how apparently so many people could think this. Just more proof that Granny's column is sorely needed.