PDA

View Full Version : VOOM - the scoop?

JinX11
03-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Anyone have it? Recommend it?

VOOM (http://www.voom.com/)

JPolin
03-28-2005, 07:24 AM
If you're an HD fanatic, I heartily recommend it. It has three times as many HD channels as any other television provider. VOOM is currently having some financial issues, but rumors of its demise are exaggerated. Charles Dolan is making every effort to keep VOOM alive.

The picture quality on the HD channels is amazing. The Discovery Channel is particularly stunning. It blows away the other HD I've seen in my area (DC) from Comcast or DirecTV. Standard def channels don't look great, which is to be expected after getting used to HD programming.

Popinjay
03-28-2005, 07:30 AM
Discovery HD rules. Snake Master is one of my favorite shows on TV.

guller
03-28-2005, 09:38 AM
I switched from dtv to voom about a year ago. The only down side was no sunday ticket football package and no techtv.

They can probably scrap about half of those hd original channels since they rarely play anything good on them. The only ones I really watch are Rush HD (extreme sports) and Soundstage HD (live concerts). Of course all the standard HD channels are great (discovery, tnt, espn, etc.)

They also have started adding a lot of standard def channels lately, hope they keep it up.

Overall it's worth it, switch up.

b0000000000m
03-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Umm....VOOM is going out of business, last I heard. Just googlenews for voom.

JGalt
03-28-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Umm....VOOM is going out of business, last I heard. Just googlenews for voom.

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
03-28-2005, 01:14 PM
i would have gotten it if they made a deal with tivo