PDA

View Full Version : Official UNC Final Four thread.

Rob Blackburn
03-27-2005, 07:07 PM
A little thread for all the Heel fans on the board, so we can chat about the team and their chances this coming weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ruffneckrob/may.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ruffneckrob/ray.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ruffneckrob/shad.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ruffneckrob/roy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ruffneckrob/tarheel.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ruffneckrob/tarheel.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ruffneckrob/tarheel.jpg

Clarkmeister
03-27-2005, 07:09 PM
You got your thread started about 5 months after the Illinois one did, oh ye of little faith.

prizminferno
03-27-2005, 07:10 PM
We match up great with Kentucky and Michigan St... a big reason is because neither shoot 3s very well

and we already killed Kentucky this year

should be an easy win in the the first game.

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:10 PM
We call these people fairweather fans, just like the millions of New Yorkers and other Americans that start donning Yankee caps when the Yankees are in the World Series. I wear my Yankees apparel all year long.

If you asked 90% of Yankee "fans" to name the starting 5, they wouldn't be able to.

nothumb
03-27-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We call these people fairweather fans

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I didn't start a thread on an internet message board 5 months ago doesn't mean I don't love UNC to the death.

Born and raised, bitches.

Any Illini fans up for an avatar bet for the better finish?

NT

ClassicBob
[ QUOTE ]

If you asked 90% of Yankee "fans" to name the starting 5, they wouldn't be able to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say more like 100%. Who would you say comprises the Yankees starting 5?

Dead
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say more like 100%. Who would you say comprises the Yankees starting 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about the rotation.

And that's easy

Johnson
Moose
Pavano
Wright
Brown

My avatar will be a Yankees one as soon as my avatar sentences are up(should be the beginning of April).

I also watch all the Spring Training games I can.

jdl22
03-27-2005, 07:14 PM
edit: had you confused due to avatar.

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

We call these people fairweather fans, just like the millions of New Yorkers and other Americans that start donning Yankee caps when the Yankees are in the World Series. I wear my Yankees apparel all year long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious why you like Duke given these comments. Sure you still like Duke today but it's interesting that you would criticise Yankee fans when you support the closest thing in college basketball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahahahahhahahhaahahahahah.

You made a funny.

Do you see why?

I'll let others elaborate.

Rob Blackburn
03-27-2005, 07:16 PM
If you check about 5 months ago I was barely posting on here. I have been posting here and there and tallking about the Heels in other threads. I was tired in posting in the tired old Illini threads and the Dook whine-fest threads by mebenhoe.

jdl22
03-27-2005, 07:16 PM
damn I tried to edit it out but you were too fast!

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:18 PM
It is ok JDL.

Here's my point.

I don't like teams because they are good. I have been a Syracuse fan all my life because I grew up in the area and it's just a part of me.

I am a Yankee fan because my dad was a Yankee fan and because I just love the Yankee tradition. I detest the Sox.

jdl22
03-27-2005, 07:19 PM
I get it, I had you confused with the other guy that lost the bet to Clark, Mbenhoe or whatever, he's a Duke fan.

Growing up in New York and liking Syracuse and the yankees I have no problem with.

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:21 PM
You make good points.

While I love the Yankees, I just have beef with the people who claim to be Yankee fans but can't even name 3 or 4 members of the team and who don't even watch any games until October.

During the summer, you can't pull me away from Yankee games. Last summer I think I only missed one of them on YES. I even watch the "crappy" division ones like Yanks vs Devil Rays.

Rob Blackburn
03-27-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure which team I am more scared of though.
MSU looks to be coming on and the Kentucky team of today is not the Kentucky team they smoked early in the season.

JinX11
03-27-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I detest the Sox.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you're like 0 for 2 with me.

nothumb
03-27-2005, 07:26 PM
I see no Illini loving bitches want a piece of Gunther. Ok.

We will crush you!

NT

Voltron87
03-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Finally something dead and I can agree on. I truly hate the Sox. And I hate all the college students and fairweather fans who went nuts last year, who acted like their curse was lifted. I have some degree of respect for real Red Sox fans, but all the people who just watched the Sox during the playoffs and went nuts made me sick. Especially out of state college students in Boston.

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:29 PM
You are my new favorite poster.

So many so called Sox fans weren't really true Sox fans at all, they were just Yankee haters.

This is gonna be a GOOD year for us, man.

Yanks are going all the way. I'll start a Yankees thread in a week or so that will be modeled after Clark's Illini thread.

Voltron87
03-27-2005, 07:30 PM
I have dibs on the Yankee Season Thread.

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:31 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fine.

But put me in as a founding member of it. You can call it Voltron and Dead's Yankees all the way thread.

Please?

Clarkmeister
03-27-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see no Illini loving bitches want a piece of Gunther. Ok.

We will crush you!

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but at least the Dookies and Orange fans had the sack to bet *before* the tournament. I love how the board has been basically devoid of UNC fans (with the exception of a few posts by Blackburn) all tourney and suddenly there's a ton of UNC fans. I think y'all are more scared than you'd like to publicly admit. Regardless, I hope its UNC and Illinois in the final, they've been the best two teams all year and if both teams are fortunate to get that far, it's definitely the game everyone wants to see.

prizminferno
03-27-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Finally something dead and I can agree on. I truly hate the Sox. And I hate all the college students and fairweather fans who went nuts last year, who acted like their curse was lifted. I have some degree of respect for real Red Sox fans, but all the people who just watched the Sox during the playoffs and went nuts made me sick. Especially out of state college students in Boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it sucks, but it happens with every team. The real fans, the ones the rode the 04 Roller Coaster, didn't litter the streets of Boston.

Voltron87
03-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Sure. Did you grow up a new york city jew (my favorite variety)? What school did you go to?

nothumb
03-27-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is gonna be a GOOD year for us, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict you will be plagued by injuries, poor defense on the right side of the infield, and a complete lack of heart.

A curse on your house!!

NT

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure. Did you grow up a new york city jew (my favorite variety)? What school did you go to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in Upstate NY, in Syracuse. My dad was born in Brooklyn and then moved to Long Island as a kid. That's where I get the Yankee love from.

First I lived in Cooperstown(baseball hall of fame!), then Homer(small town 35 minutes south of Syracuse, and now I go to Geneseo while going home to the Syracuse suburbs(J-D to be specific) on breaks.

I'd say Upstate baseball fans are about 75% Yankees, and 25% Mets. I'm not a Mets hater though. I have 10 times more respect for them than I do for the Sox.

Voltron87
03-27-2005, 07:36 PM
I don't relly mind the Mets. Most of the time I just ignore them. I only cared about them during the Subway Series season. After that... there really is not debate. I just bring that up. I can't stand Yankee hater met fans though.

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:37 PM
I see another Subway Series this year. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clarkmeister
03-27-2005, 07:39 PM
The Mets will be looking up at Atlanta like they do every year.

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Don't discount the Marlins either.

NL East could go one of three ways this year.

Nationals have no chance. Phillies have a slightly better chance but meh.

It's more wide open than it was last year, that's for sure.

NL Central is a three-way as well.

Clarkmeister
03-27-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's more wide open than it was last year, that's for sure.

NL Central is a three-way as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every year people talk about how the NL East is wide open and every year the Braves gut the division.

The NL Central is a 1 team race now that Wood and Prior have health issues coming into the season.

Dead
03-27-2005, 07:46 PM
That's true.

No one is saying that the Braves are not a favorite to win, but I think that this year will be a lot closer than 2003 or 2004.

Ok?

And the Mets could get the wildcard and knock the Braves out in the postseason, just like in 2000(mets st louis.

Edit: I'm just saying not to underestimate the Mets. I don't think Pedro is out of gas yet. He could have another fantastic year a la 2003.

Rob Blackburn
03-27-2005, 09:36 PM
So they got MSU on tap.

My brother I have surmised that this is the better team for them to face, since UK already got a look at them earlier this year.

I hate to have to go against Izzo, he's a master, but I think talent wise our guys match up good against this team.

MEbenhoe
03-27-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's true.

No one is saying that the Braves are not a favorite to win, but I think that this year will be a lot closer than 2003 or 2004.

Ok?

And the Mets could get the wildcard and knock the Braves out in the postseason, just like in 2000(mets st louis.

Edit: I'm just saying not to underestimate the Mets. I don't think Pedro is out of gas yet. He could have another fantastic year a la 2003.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right that the Mets will be improved this year, but I don't believe they have enough firepower to do it.