PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Party 5K Freeroll Sunday

Voltron87
03-27-2005, 06:15 PM
1565 players to start. 1st gets 1000$!

Voltron87
03-27-2005, 06:23 PM
First hand: I pick with QJo in the BB. Folded around to the SB, who thinks and folds to me. 1010 chips.

Second hand: QTo in the SB. Folded around to button. I have him covered. He makes a crappy blind stealing raise to 45. I push. He calls with KK. I flop a queen, but no help on the turn or river. Down to 20 chips.

3rd-6th hands: Trash. I fold.

7th hand: I'm the shortstack at the table with 20. I'm getting impatient here, and the blinds are coming around. Blinds are 75% of my stack. I push while I still have my fold equity, though it is only 72o. MP2 reraises to 55. SB reraises again to 150. MP2 reraises to 400. SB raises all in for 900. MP2 calls.

SB flips over kings, MP2 with the queens. Flop is K2rag. I close the window before the river. I finish in 1462nd. I'm disgusted with my play. This was the big one, the 5000$, not the usual 500-1000. It's tough. I'll try and piece myself together for the 7:10 2500$. Hope someone else can make a big score, altough this large group of players is a minefield.

Voltron87
03-27-2005, 06:33 PM
I just want to focus on my second hand, I think that was the real defining moment of the tournament for me. On the first hand I thought the SB was thinking of stealing my blind, so I put a note on him. When he raised from the button after everyone folded to him I was suspicious (to say the least). I figured the only people who play freerolls are so desperate they play too tight so I thought a push could get him off his hand. That's just the breaks though. That's what I like about No-Limit, you get to put a man to the test, which is what I did.

They always say the hardest moment of the day is when you get knocked out of the Party 5K freeroll, and immediately after you start thinking about the next one. I got another hour and a half of agony. How long is Rounders?