PDA

View Full Version : Accessing the 1st Issue of The Magazine

SteveY
03-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Can anyone access the first issue of the magazine. I tried clicking the links that take you to previous isssues, but it stops at the second issue so I can't access the first one.

More specifically I just want to be able to read Ed Miller's "Response to Jim Brier" article.

Thanks

Edit: when I enter this URL: http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue1/,

I get this:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /magazine/issue1/ on this server.

jdl22
03-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Mason has said that only the most recent three issues will be archived. After this the author has full rights to the articles.

SteveY
03-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh okay.
Thanks for the info. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mason Malmuth
03-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi Steve:

It is our policy at Two Plus Two not to take advantage of our writers. So we only leave a magazine up for three months. After that all rights return to the original authors and we have no control over their articles anymore.

best wishes,
Mason

BarronVangorToth
03-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Not that Mason's post requires elaboration, but I have to chime in before anyone questions his point about "taking advantage of writers" with a comment that, as one of the writers for the last three issues of the 2+2 magazine (as well as one for the June through August issues), that this 2+2 policy is VERY refreshing.

A majority of my writing isn't done for poker [somewhere, someone mutters, "Yes, I can tell"] but it's wonderful to retain the rights to your work so that you have control about its further use - and not that it will be reprinted in a multiple other formats without your permission (and without you receiving any compensation).

Kudos to 2+2 for looking out for all the people that write for them, and not just the big names that write their books.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)
Still not happy that his WWE work made him blow the May deadline.

buriedbeds
04-05-2005, 03:38 PM
That's a great policy for the writers; it's nice to see someone looking out for them. It would be nice, though, if we could at least have access to the titles and authors of no-longer archived articles, largely for three reasons - first, so we can know what was covered in previous issues so that we noobs can avoid (as much as possible... /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) not coming off as trolls when asking about things that were already covered in the magazine. Second, it would be good publicity for the writers, imo, to be known as someone who wrote for this (prestigious, imo) site, and when you take down the magazine you're also taking away their pub...card player magazine, for isntance, might see their names and contact them to do some work. Third, it was suggested elsewhere (2 + 2 thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2010265&page=0&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14) ) that we contact the authors directly to see if they'll let us have copies of their articles, which we can't really do without knowing their names (and, if possible, board names/e-mail addresses) or what they wrote about.

At any rate, I've just been using this site for a few weeks (this is my first post...I've been doing a lot of reading, too timid to participate), and it is a tremendous resource, as is the magazine - each issue of which I've gone over a couple of times to really try and get the content down. Thanks for providing it; it's great.

-b.

holdemfan
04-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Your thirst for knowledge is refreshing. The the good news is you only missed one month. The best news is all the newbies from now on will miss more than you.

partygirluk
04-06-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

when I enter this URL: http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue1/,

I get this:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /magazine/issue1/ on this server.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.eyell.com/albums/Owned-Pictures/Run_Owned.sized.jpg

DigitalMonkey
04-19-2005, 12:17 AM
I have the first issue saved if anyone is interested in having a copy emailed to them and none of the authors has a problem with that. If any author has a problem, please let me know and I will not send your article.

Mason Malmuth
04-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Hi DigitalMonkey:

I'm sorry but I have a problem with that. We promised all our authors that this would not be done. So please don't do it.

Best wishes,
Mason

tylerdurden
04-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Why not give the authors the option of indefinite hosting? Also, it would be nice if the indexes to older issues were available; that way one could contact the author of an offline piece to get a copy or information on where it could be obtained.

Mason Malmuth
04-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Hi pvn:

I believe doing what you suggest is damaging to the authors, and we stated that we wouldn't do that.

Best wishes,
Mason

DigitalMonkey
04-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi Mason,

Okay. I have not received any requests, but if I do I will let them know that I have not been granted permission to distribute the articles.

Thank you,
DigitalMonkey