PDA

View Full Version : Overpair on very coordinated flop

SlantNGo
03-27-2005, 05:10 PM
This was a hand from a couple weeks ago that I butchered badly I think, but I don't know what the correct play is. I was discussing this with a friend, and he thinks I should 3-bet the flop...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

I was planning to c/r a safe turn card... I think that was a mistake since there aren't really any safe cards for me. With JJ or something, I think waiting for the turn would be correct. Should I have attempted to c/r the flop and possibly knock out overcards?

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Bad call following the 3-bet, even hitting a set might not win the pot for me. Button's play looks like a straight.

River: (17 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

btspider
03-27-2005, 05:13 PM
i'd risk a flop check-through and hope i can check-raise an LP bet.

ninjia3x
03-27-2005, 05:28 PM
You hand is either ahead by by a pair or its badly beaten without many outs.

With that large of a field limping in 67o / 67s is very likely at a regular party game. or 55/44/33 set is also likely. and if someone has a flushdraw, it would moste likelly with 2 over cards, in which case u'r actually behind with a pair.

So this is a preatty bad situation for you. Therefore you need to bet to kick guys out and at the same time recieve some information about the strength of u'r oppoents cards.

so check raise on the flop is probably the best idea, or 3 betting the flop and see who gets out and who stays in and if there is a reraise. Then act accordingly with that infromation.