PDA

View Full Version : happy with UB's new SnG structures?

burningyen
03-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Until now I've played on UB almost exclusively, and SnGs were my games of choice. I prefer UB's software over the other sites', have had good results and have built up a decent book of notes on my opponents. But so far (and admittedly this is not based on a very significant sample size) I'm finding that the games with 10-minute levels take too long and the turbo games have way too much variance. The old 7-minute levels seemed to strike just the right balance. Anyone agree/disagree?

valenzuela
03-27-2005, 04:43 PM
The turbos are crazy, and the others take too long.

SumZero
03-27-2005, 06:08 PM
So far with a non-scientific amount I've found that over the past 50+ SNG I've played since the format change I have 25% of 4th places. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

That said I still think I like the new format better. It just takes an adjustment to realize that at 5 or 6 people left there will be mainly deep stacks and not the old ususal 1 or 2 big stacks and 3 to 5 smallish to short stacks. Also now when it is heads up there is real play as opposed to in the past where much of the time one player or the other had less than 10x the big blind when heads up started.

So I'm happy with the 10 minute levels. So far I think the games last 10-20% longer for me.

burningyen
03-28-2005, 03:42 PM
I can't believe only 8 people have an opinion on this.

GtrHtr
03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
After the past several weeks of play under the new system, I have to agree. There was a lot posted on this when the change went into effect (2 weeks ago Friday?). Having played several dozen since then, it is becoming painful. Initially I turned into Mr. 4th place finisher until I adjusted my game and am now on track. The time it takes to complete a game is my biggest complaint. Great for becoming a better player, but wearing.

lstactnhero
03-28-2005, 06:02 PM
the new ub structure is killing my profit margin. it now takes no less than 75 minutes to finish a $22, where the old structure could normally be finished in about 55. that said, i do feel that the cream rises to the top with more chips and longer levels. lots of crazies go out early as well, moreso than when the structure was t1000/7min.

ub used to be my sole site, but now i'm questioning whether it's worth the additional time. any other sites out there that play similar to ub with ~1000 and 7 minute levels?