PDA

View Full Version : Satellite hand vs. Purr of Aces - QJo

augie00
03-27-2005, 04:17 PM
$70 sng satellite on stars. I am the chip leader by a lot with 5 players left. I have about 6100, everyone else is 1500 or below. I have QJo in the BB. Folded to Purr in MP who moves in for about 1500, blinds 50/100. Folded to me and I call without hesistation. Comments?

TheUsher
03-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Way to gambool it up calling the 15xBB all-in. /images/graemlins/confused.gif What did they show? Purr Of Aces is a nick or was it AA?

augie00
03-27-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Way to gambool it up calling the 15xBB all-in. /images/graemlins/confused.gif What did they show? Purr Of Aces is a nick or was it AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Purr of Aces is a well known and good tournament player on pokerstars. Sorry for not clarifying.

TheUsher
03-27-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Purr of Aces is a well known and good tournament player on pokerstars. Sorry for not clarifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. Did you win the hand and what did they show!@? The suspense is killing me.

augie00
03-27-2005, 04:53 PM
The results aren't important. I'm just looking for commentary on the play.

citanul
03-27-2005, 06:05 PM
i think it's terrible.

citanul

Jman28
03-27-2005, 06:14 PM
I don't know Purr of Aces, but against 99+% of players, this is a terrible call.

-Jman28

augie00
03-27-2005, 06:51 PM
What if you look at it this way; I have a commanding chip lead, and I know for a fact that Purr is the best player at the table. His only play so far in the tournament has been to move all in; he could be doing it with AA, 99, 55, AK, etc...I still have a 5:1 chip lead over the rest of the table (except for purr) if I lose, and the best player is gone if I win.

Apathy
03-27-2005, 07:53 PM
I hate it, even if this satalite only paid 1 place I still hate it, If the satalite paid more then one place then its really really terrible.

citanul
03-27-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate it, even if this satalite only paid 1 place I still hate it, If the satalite paid more then one place then its really really terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheUsher
03-27-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What if you look at it this way; I have a commanding chip lead, and I know for a fact that Purr is the best player at the table. His only play so far in the tournament has been to move all in; he could be doing it with AA, 99, 55, AK, etc...I still have a 5:1 chip lead over the rest of the table (except for purr) if I lose, and the best player is gone if I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that this works the other way too right? You don't want to double up the best player at the table as the whole thing could be lost just because of this one call.

augie00
03-27-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This satellite pays one place: first. Please elaborate, why do you hate it so much?

nWirb
03-27-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This satellite pays one place: first. Please elaborate, why do you hate it so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he hates it so much because you are a underdog to any pair, any king or any ace. Which means you will be an underdog to any hand a good player would risk his tournament life and 15BB to win 1.5BB from MP.
So basicly you are giving the best player at the table good odds (if not great odds if you are dominated or up against a monster) to double up and really get back in the game with more FE and a bigger stack to lean on the other players with.
He should not be desperate here, he will have plenty of better opportunities to steal and it's not like he's going to be killed by the blind the next orbit.
The gap concept applies here aswell.

TheUsher
03-27-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he hates it so much because you are a underdog to any pair, any king or any ace. Which means you will be an underdog to any hand a good player would risk his tournament life and 15BB to win 1.5BB from MP.
So basicly you are giving the best player at the table good odds (if not great odds if you are dominated or up against a monster) to double up and really get back in the game with more FE and a bigger stack to lean on the other players with.
He should not be desperate here, he will have plenty of better opportunities to steal and it's not like he's going to be killed by the blind the next orbit.
The gap concept applies here aswell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I think the OP knocked out the all-in player because if he didn't I doubt this would even be posted on 2+2.

citanul
03-28-2005, 02:32 AM
so?