PDA

View Full Version : a tricky NLH situation

10-15-2002, 03:38 AM
5/5 NLH 8-handed, the game is quite good with multiple targets, but also two super-scary players with position on me...

I pick up queens UTG+1 and open for 25, folded to the cutoff who makes it 100 to go and then it's folded to me... my opponent has about 250 left and I have him covered, he plays a little too loosely post-flop (only a little), and he will call open raises pre-flop way too much, but I've not seen him reraise pre-flop yet... how should I proceed? thanks

10-15-2002, 10:47 AM
This is simple. Just go all inn.

Phat Mack
10-15-2002, 12:25 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
but I've not seen him reraise pre-flop yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you been playing with him? Long enough to know he has AA or maybe KK? Sounds like an easy fold that was shown TT. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Alternatively, if you think he has potential as a long-term provider, or want to make some kind of statement to the table, you could put him all in here and see how he plays, but it seems a clear fold from your description.

10-15-2002, 02:07 PM
This is not so tricky. He does nto read you for a bluff, and is raising just enough to tempt you to call incorrectly given your stack. You are also raising an amount consistent with a premium pair, and our friend is not afraid of a big HTH confrontation. Why is he not afraid?