PDA

View Full Version : Interesting AA hand

Bradyams
03-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

--------------------------------------------

After his Limp-reraise preflop, and the flop action I thought KK was a big possibility, maybe AK. If there is a good chance he has KK should I bet out the turn hoping to get him to fold, and if he calls bet out the river again to try and get him to fold.

I was really lost and had no read on Button. He was seriously in and out of my table within 10-15 hands, and I didn't see much action from him besides this hand.

xenthebrain
03-27-2005, 01:11 PM
It seems like Button has AA too, KK or AK (maybe QQ) and just limped in to not just collect the blinds with a premium hand.
On the flop both of you don't suspect the other player to have a flush, because you both played pf very agressive, so you must have had like AQs which is kinda unlikely to cap pf with.
On the turn I think you should have bet. Maybe he had the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif but it's more likely he is scared now. I think this one ended up a split pot and he had either KK or AK and not the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

PokerProdigy
03-27-2005, 02:08 PM
I like your play on all streets. I think you have to get in as many bets as you can on the flop in this spot and hope no more spads fall on the turn and river. And on the turn I think you have to check with the intention of folding if anyone bets. You could probably call a bet from the button on the river if he checked the turn behind you.

xLukex
03-27-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like your play on all streets. I think you have to get in as many bets as you can on the flop in this spot and hope no more spads fall on the turn and river. And on the turn I think you have to check with the intention of folding if anyone bets. You could probably call a bet from the button on the river if he checked the turn behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. Bets were capped twice, and I think a bet on the turn is worth it.

Bradyams
03-27-2005, 02:35 PM
I really think I should have bet the turn. Everything points to KK, or AK without the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I think there is enough fold equity there to bet the turn.

keikiwai
03-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Maybe, but would you have folded if your bet got raised?

Vilain will either fold or raise a turn bet. If he's got a spade he will probably raise, since it's going to be a high spade due to his pf play. If he doesn't have a spade he will fold, unless he thinks you're bluffing. If he thinks you're bluffing, he will not just call, he will try and scare you off, playing as if he had a sped by raising.

So, if you bet the turn, you will either win the pot or get raised. If you get raised will you fold? I wouldn't, and I know this, so I'd rather not get myself into the mess. So rather than risking a raise, you played what I think is the correct line by checking.....

my 2c, wacky hand....

xenthebrain
03-27-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he doesn't have a spade he will fold, unless he thinks you're bluffing. If he thinks you're bluffing, he will not just call, he will try and scare you off, playing as if he had a sped by raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he bets the turn villian will suspect the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif by the hero and will either fold or maybe (to play the sherriff) call down.
A bluff reraise here is pretty unlikely here and I think you could fold to a turn reraise. If he had the Ace of spades or KK, the only hands I could image he would be reraising the turn (thou KK is not a good reraise, happens in SS), you would be drawing dead.

bottomset
03-27-2005, 08:14 PM
why on earth are you 3betting this flop HU or otherwise call the raise, consider check/raising a turn blank, and or betting out on a blank

you have a much stronger hand on the turn if a nonspade hits than you do right now .. but it seems that the button is pretty bad, as openlimping/reraising from the button is a total fish move

Bradyams
03-27-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why on earth are you 3betting this flop HU or otherwise call the raise, consider check/raising a turn blank, and or betting out on a blank

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I'd like to win the pot right there. The board is scary enough that I don't want to go any further if I don't have to. So I 3bet, he caps, and now I'm pretty sure I'm beat and I'm drawing to two outs at best (probably one). I was planning on folding the turn to a bet.

BTW, Button showed K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif, and we split the pot.

bottomset
03-27-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I'd like to win the pot right there. The board is scary enough that I don't want to go any further if I don't have to. So I 3bet, he caps, and now I'm pretty sure I'm beat and I'm drawing to two outs at best (probably one). I was planning on folding the turn to a bet.

BTW, Button showed K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif, and we split the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

few things wrong with this

a. he won't fold to a 3bet more than 10%(prob closer to 0) of the time, had he bet and you raised you'll get folds more often(not necessarily suggesting a raise in that situation) ..

b. he is more likely to have a moderate strength hand such as toppair, maybe 2pair or the flush draw than the made flush

given that you still have the best hand on the flop a good% of the time, but are vulnerable with 2cards to come, the reason to wait for a turn blank is that now with only 1card to come your equity in this spot jumps

you got damn lucky here

Bradyams
03-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Ok I'm starting to get your point, but how does a blank turn help me? This guy obviously likes his hand, and I think I did all I could on the flop to try and take over, but there's just too much telling me I'm beat.

bottomset
03-27-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok I'm starting to get your point, but how does a blank turn help me? This guy obviously likes his hand, and I think I did all I could on the flop to try and take over, but there's just too much telling me I'm beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason to wait is, that someone will often raise w/ just the A /images/graemlins/spade.gifx and even if its A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK(and his play is certainly reasonable on the flop with that) you still have the best hand right now

now if the turn is say the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif instead of the spades, you have about a 80%equity against just the flushdraw now, and are in a much better situation