PDA

View Full Version : Kxs - Play from all positions?

blubster
03-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Is Kxs a limp from early position? I recently started playing NL again and have not played Kxs hardly at all from any positions and was wondering if I should be playing this hand most of the time from early and all positions? The games I play are usually passive games and more often then not I'll be able to limp without seeing a raise.

Appreciate any tips on how to play Kxs.
Thanks

blubster

amoeba
03-27-2005, 12:57 PM
KXs is a fold in all positions (excluding KQ AK KJ) and raise in button CO occasionally hand for me.

bigt439
03-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Do not play it except in very select situations. Seeing as how you are a newcomer to the game you probably should not play it at all because it requires good preflop skill to play properly. More often than not you will trap yourself with the hand and lose money. Wait until your skills have sharpened to consider playing it ONLY under the right circumstances. When you know what those are you may be able to play it.

george w of poker
03-27-2005, 01:14 PM
i only play it from late and after limpers. i also don't play Axs suited up front because playing a flush draw out of position, especially heads up, is not a money maker.

some people say don't play Kxs, but i see no reason not to as long as you're playing it in favoriable spots.

blubster
03-27-2005, 03:07 PM
great. thanks for the help guys.

blubster