PDA

View Full Version : Party BBJ

PokerGoblin
03-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey Guys

Anyone notice how unusually small the Bad Beat Jackpots have been lately? Seems for the last couple of weeks I haven't seen one over 50k. That is, until this weekend I noticed it was up around 170k, which is the highest I've seen it in a while.

I also noticed it was around 25k late last night, then this morning it's at 104k... there was table talk that one had been revoked. Does anyone know anything about that?

PG

MHarris
03-27-2005, 12:29 PM
While it's possible that Party revoked one for whatever reason, I think it's more likely that they started adding money again, which they didn't do for over a month.

Brainwalter
03-27-2005, 01:12 PM
I wasn't aware they had ever done this. Are you saying party puts extra money in the BBJ beyond the .50 from each hand the players contribute?

dealer_toe
03-27-2005, 03:07 PM
I think the last jackpot got revoked for some collusion aggreement thing. Its in another post around here, but it did get revoked.

PokerGoblin
03-28-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's more likely that they started adding money again, which they didn't do for over a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate on this. I wasn't aware of any overlay party was laying on the BBJ. I do know when the jackpot is awarded 20% is withheld to seed the new jackpot.

PG

bobbyi
03-28-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's more likely that they started adding money again, which they didn't do for over a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate on this. I wasn't aware of any overlay party was laying on the BBJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no overlay. In fact, there is an underlay because they keep some of the jackpot drop as a "processing fee" or somesuch.