PDA

View Full Version : Ethics of disclosing your name to other 2+2ers

Stipe_fan
03-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Sirio posted that he is playing multiple tournaments today. He plans to play the $250 Empire tournament. Most people know I play in the larger buyin Party MTTs as Stipe_fan.

I have an Empire, UB and Stars account which I rarely use. I plan to play the Empire tounament tonight. Do I disclose my name to other 2+2ers? Do I tell them who after I bust them out?(if this can possibly happen) I will do whatever the polls say!!

What would you do?

the person formerly known as Stipe_fan

b0000000000m
03-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Why would you disclose after busting out a 2+2er? To be a dick? Or an [censored]?

bugstud
03-27-2005, 04:03 PM
I also post my names...most of them are somewhat common knowledge, and I've been making my new accounts a raging red siren /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jtr
03-27-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't think there's an ethical argument for favouring any of the above options over another. It's much more about your personal preference.

davidross
03-27-2005, 04:25 PM
I think it's easier to play against people who know who you are so I would disclose it. When they don't know who you are you have to think back and decide what kind of player they think you are based on what they have seen you do so far, and thats just too much thinking for me.

valenzuela
03-27-2005, 04:45 PM
What ethics are we talking about?

Roman
03-27-2005, 04:48 PM
I would tell, makes playing them a whole lot easier imho.

M.B.E.
03-27-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What ethics are we talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]
There could be an ethical dimension here. In my view if you ask someone what their name is on Empire (for example) and they tell you, then ethically you should tell them your name on Empire.

But if they post their Empire screen name, or tell you without your having asked, then you have no ethical obligation to reciprocate.