PDA

View Full Version : Can I bowhunt on your land?

Pinga
03-27-2005, 08:27 AM
The dropping antlers thread got me thinking it's about time to consider this year's road trip.

Are there any 2+2er's who could provide 2-4 bow hunters access to enough land to hunt for a week?

The ideal match of conditions would be:
* A campground w/ shower nearby or motel w/ outside doorway access. You have no idea how disgusting we get without a shower.
* Permission from several locals to hunt their land once or twice.
* Deer. Lots of them.
* Multiple tags (hopefully cheap).
* Less than 24 hour drive from southern NH.

We will be polite and thankful. Very polite and very thankful. You have no idea. The hunting is so pitiful here we think we've gone to heaven when we get down south.

If someone has a deer problem we will take care of it. We will gladly share the meat with the landowners.

Pointers to good public land options would be appreciated, as well. We have found through experience that most public land options, even in remote areas, are low value.

Our best trips have been when we find locals who take pity on us and say, "come out to my house tomorrow and you'll see some deer".

Suburban-type locations are perfectly fine - it doesn't have to be in the middle of nowhere. Although that's a bonus.

Best,
Pinga

Pinga
03-28-2005, 09:05 AM
I'll try one bump here for Monday morning.

BTW, I would really love permission from some of you guys in Mass.

Be good,
Pinga