PDA

View Full Version : 4th and 5th place

ace_in_the_hole
03-27-2005, 04:47 AM
In the 10+1's, do you find that most of your out of the money finishes are 4th and 5ht place3s. Mine are is this bad?

viennagreen
03-27-2005, 05:32 AM
it's bad if you have a negative or very low ROI.

i have more 4th and 5th place finishes than any other OTM finishes as well... i'm happy with my ROI though, and i think that proper aggressive "bubble" play will result in a high number of 4th and 5th place finishes.

UncleDuke
03-27-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In the 10+1's, do you find that most of your out of the money finishes are 4th and 5ht place3s. Mine are is this bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of the buy-in, I wouldn't be unhappy with more 4ths and 5ths than other no-money finishes. It's a bit frustrating to just miss the money, but on the average a 4th place finisher probably played better than a 10th place finisher (not always of course). In the 10+1s where there tend to be a lot of crazies suiciding by going all-in early at the drop of a hat, a reasonable player will probably not be one of the first few knocked out very often at all, so it would be natural to collect more 4ths and 5ths than say, 9ths and 10ths.

Obviously the main thing is your ROI. If you're making a decent profit, then no worries although of course, everyone has room to improve.