PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the E! show home poker game?

krazyace5
03-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Just when you thought television poker entertainment couldn't get any worse. What garbage.

MrMon
03-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I saw the first one and it didn't suck as bad as I thought it might, but it still wasn't that good. It's on Season Pass on the TiVo however, I have no shame.

Don't know if you saw the first one a Laura Prepon's house, she's the exec producer, and it did have the advantage of having the only Royal Flush I've ever seen on TV. Even Phil Laak said he's only seen 4 or 5 in all his years playing cards, and this one was flopped!

Phil Laak is the real winner on the show. Very good host, knowledgeable, personable, not his table persona at all, that's for sure. I suspected he'd be good based on his UPC appearances, and I was right. I'll watch just for him.

Now for the bad. Boorish players, that's for sure. Talk about spoiled brats. Drunk. And toss in we'll give these spoiled children $10,000 for winning a home game where they really suck, everybody limps in, cuss at Phil to the point where he's really annoyed, etc. I'm hoping a different set of players improves the show, as the Prepon show crew sure made themselves look like the idiots we assume Hollywood to be.

A train wreck, yes, but a fascinating one. Laak deserves better.

SossMan
03-27-2005, 02:31 PM
unwatchable....and rigged.

Hold'me
03-27-2005, 03:46 PM
I think it's far better than Celebrity Poker Showdown, which in itself isn't much of an accomplisment. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cogger
03-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Got that right. The fixed the deck. The scence would cut then go over the dealers shoulder to show the flop. Wow look a royal flush! 4 aces, etc... Then the pop ups would show like that vh1 old pop up video show. This was a fixed entertainment show and that's all. Poker for dummies show. I was impressed by Phil Laak. He couldn't run behind the dealer like a little kid. He was the dealer. lol... since he likes to run back there so much

dlk9s
03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
I thought it was at least entertaining, not that I'd ever plan on watching it. Same celebrities that you always see on those types of shows, though. I did think Ike was funny.

Hold'me
03-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Macaulay Culkin will haunt me in my nightmares for the rest of my life. He's such a creepo. Jesus, just the thought of him makes me quiver.