PDA

View Full Version : Hello,again! analysts! Maintaining emotional balance,...

SittingBull
10-14-2002, 07:28 PM
resisting tilt.
Let's assume that a low medium limit player is playing .
He is a "money favorite" to win,but NOT the favorite to win the pot.
Do U believe that MOST players at this limit would recognize when they are a "money favorite"??
Continue reading if your answer is "no".

If a player realizes that he is NOT the favorite to win the pot on an early 7-card stud Str.,and continues to play the hand anyway,and loses that hand,is it reasonable to assume that he would then tend to play poorly during that same session and lose more chips than he should have lost??
In other words,do U think that in MOST cases,he would NOT maintain his emotional balance causing him to go on "semi-tilt"??

Hmmmmm
Just wondering
Sitting Bull

Herb N.
10-14-2002, 07:47 PM
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Sure!

Mike
10-15-2002, 04:54 AM
I'm not so sure he goes on semi tilt, rather his brain isn't functioning in a normal pattern and what he is doing seems perfectly logical at the moment. The next day, or even later on he may realize he was making poor decisions. Discounting of course the idea that he makes a poor play(s) and realizes what he just did.

Now as you say, if he is cognizant of his actions, and he knows he's not making good choices and keeps playing he will lose more than he should have. Although I believe (from experience) that his decisions seem okay at the time.

I doubt they are gross errors, perhaps playing zero profit hands and losing them, ie, playing a flush draw with minimum players in the hand? Good question though!