PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get a free showdown, top pair, no kicker

cmwck
03-27-2005, 02:41 AM
BB just sat down. I'm enjoying a table vpip of 40 and pfr of 5 at the moment.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Is the pot big enough on the flop to raise in the first place?
My plan was to raise the flop, fold to a reraise, fold to a bet or check-raise on the turn, and fold to a bet on the river.

Im not sure I like my play here, given the relatively small pot size.

davelin
03-27-2005, 02:44 AM
I play it the same.

nervous
03-27-2005, 02:58 AM
Looks fine, but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone in a similar boat, playing A4 or A5 call down.

Aaron W.
03-27-2005, 03:42 AM
I just might bet that river for value, now that your kicker isn't going to hurt you. You're going to get called by a queen still, and you're not going to lose to A6 anymore.

kai
03-27-2005, 04:02 AM
i agree with Aaron about betting the river. it seems to me like you're not afraid of that many hands now, since a lot of kickers better then yours are now counterfeit. I think if they had A8 or AQ, they would have raised you on the flop and/or raised you on the turn. I could see some people slowing down with AK, but i think betting the river is still good. I dont know, maybe im wrong. Also since you were aggresive this whole time maybe somebody who you would have split with will fold?