PDA

View Full Version : SNG Hand

Fundingone
03-27-2005, 02:24 AM
20 + 2 SNG on UB

Hand #5098921-30 at Thornton (No Limit Hold'em Sit and Go)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 27/Mar/05 01:15:31

texastens is at seat 0 with 765.
Justin Bee is at seat 1 with 1510.
heyjacazz is at seat 2 with 2770.
molog is at seat 3 with 705.
rosco26 is at seat 4 with 655.
fundingone is at seat 5 with 1350.
DocDR is at seat 6 with 1665.
jLoehenstein is at seat 7 with 3625.
Boris Karloff is at seat 8 with 825.
2deeznutz4u is at seat 9 with 1130.
The button is at seat 4.

fundingone posts the small blind of 20.
DocDR posts the big blind of 40.

texastens: -- --
Justin Bee: -- --
heyjacazz: -- --
molog: -- --
rosco26: -- --
fundingone: 4c 4d
DocDR: -- --
jLoehenstein: -- --
Boris Karloff: -- --
2deeznutz4u: -- --

Pre-flop:

jLoehenstein folds. Boris Karloff calls.
2deeznutz4u calls. texastens calls. Justin Bee
calls. heyjacazz folds. molog folds. rosco26
folds. fundingone calls. DocDR checks.

Flop (board: Jh 4s Ts):

fundingone bets 100. DocDR folds. Boris Karloff
folds. 2deeznutz4u calls. texastens calls. Justin
Bee calls.

Turn (board: Jh 4s Ts As):

fundingone checks. 2deeznutz4u bets 300. texastens
goes all-in for 625. Justin Bee goes all-in for 1370.
fundingone folds. 2deeznutz4u folds. Justin Bee
is returned 745 (uncalled).

I know the flop bet was small and in hind sight the 100 bet is retarded I should bet the pot or 200. The turn is a tough situation, what would you do?

Umass1985
03-27-2005, 02:32 AM
I'm no expert..

The bet on the flop was bad I'd bet the pot there, now on the turn here I think you are beat by atleast a flush, cause if someone wanted to fight off the draw that bad they woulda re raised the flop. You aren't getting good enough pot odds to call your implied odds of the board pairing or getting another 4, I'd fold you aren't too pot committed.

curtains
03-27-2005, 02:45 AM
You should bet a lot on the flop with your set, because the turn will be the worst scare card in the deck and force you to fold when 3 people go allin. (Joking of course)

Honestly I think this flop is a perfect time for a check raise. You have an extremely coordinated board against 5 opponents. You definitely want as much action as possible on this flop, and I think checking here is the best way to acheive that.

Umass1985
03-27-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You should bet a lot on the flop with your set, because the turn will be the worst scare card in the deck and force you to fold when 3 people go allin.

Honestly I think this flop is a perfect time for a check raise. You have an extremely coordinated board against 5 opponents. You definitely want as much action as possible on this flop, and I think checking here is the best way to acheive that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, I can't believe I overlooked the fact that he was in first position with 5 people seeing the flop, I think this is the perfect spot for a check raise.

Fundingone
03-27-2005, 03:02 AM
This table was pretty agressive (finished in 60 minutes which is way shorter than most UB Sngs) I was planning on betting and then someone with a jack would raise me. I hate check raising becuase it basically says I have a set and a lot of these guys are in bet the pot or bet min mode so bet min and reraising basically gives out my hand and only wins me a BB.

curtains
03-27-2005, 03:07 AM
Once again I see a player pretending that his opponents have functioning poker brains. If you check raise, they aren't going to start thinking "oh my god I think he has a set, I better be careful with my top pair and or flush draw". Instead they will think "Wow my hand looks pretty, I have a pair or I have a flush draw" and then gladly put their money in the pot.

There is a reason they are playing at the $20 tables and not the $100s - $200s.

lastchance
03-27-2005, 03:17 AM
Nice post, except I don't see how calling TP + Flush draw is bad. :P Now, TP or flush draw is a much different story.