PDA

View Full Version : Live 6 person SNG with friends (whine + hands to analyze)

SumZero
03-27-2005, 02:05 AM
So I was playing in a 6 person live no limit tournament today. I had pretty amazingly good average hand strengths. Of course I only lasted 14 hands. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Here are the hands I remember (blinds 10/20 with 1000 chip avg stack size for all hands), I might have the order of a hand or two switched or a couple of flop/post flop details wrong on a couple of these hands, but I'm 100% sure of I correctly remember the 13/14 hole cards I detail below, and relatively confident of the rest:

1. In sb and utg bets the pot, folded to me. I hold KJs and decide to take a peak. I flop top two pair and check raise the ~150 bet and win the pot.

2. On the button its folded to me and I see QTs and decide to bet the pot on a semi-bluff steal attempt. BB calls. Flop 9 9 6 rainbow, check-check. Turn K check-check. River J (completing the runner-runner spade flush), BB bets 150, I make it 300 and am called and win with my runner-runner straight.

3. I fold A5o after player on my right bets the pot. Ends up all in with the players beside me against each other in a KK vs. KK split pot.

4. ATs UTG+1. Bet the pot. Get 2 callers. Flop K96 rainbow and I fold to someone's bet that takes it down.

5. Fold K9o UTG.

6. In bb hold 72o, a pot sized bet from UTG+1 with a button call, I fold. UTG+1 (who I beat up in the first 2 hands) check-raises the AAJ flop all in. Button calls with A3o. UTG+1 had JJ and holds up to double through.

7. In sb UTG limps, folded to me and I see KK, I raise the pot and bb and UTG fold.

8. KJo on the button, folded to me, I bet the pot and bb called. On the K high flop it is checked to me and I bet and take it down.

9. Folded to me in the cut off and I see QQ. Nice. I bet the pot (about 70). Button flat calls. Small blind raises about the pot (to about 250). I have about 1600 in chips. Button has around 500 in chips more than his 70. Small blind has about 750 more than his 250. The pot currently has about 400 in it, and if I were to call it would have nearly 600 moving to the button who would be getting 3:1 to see the flop. If I flat call and an A or K hits the flop I have all sorts of hard decisions. If I'm against AA or KK and a flop J-high or lower comes I'm going to end up all in anyways. Most people probably think I'm randomly agressive today thanks to my playing 2/3 of the hands so far. I really
don't want to play this 3-handed, and would be very happy to take it here. I move all in. Button folds. sb calls and shows AA which holds up to win. Ouch! That takes me from a 1.5 buyins stack to 0.5 buyin stack.

10. I hold ATo UTG+1. UTG folds. I bet the pot. 2 callers. Get a bad flop and check-fold.

11. UTG I have Q8o and fold.

12. In bb I hold bad cards I don't remember but folded to pressure.

13. On the sb with A9o. Someone bets the pot, and someone smooth calls before me. I fold preflop. In a show down I see the smooth caller wins with a higher paired A than I would have ended up with.

14. On the button. UTG player bets 75, the second hand she's entered. Fold, then cutoff flat calls. I flat call with AcQs (?). Button flat calls, blinds fold. 4 to see the flop with 330 in the pot. Flop is a Qc Jc 6h. UTG checks, cutoff bets 300, I call all-in which ends up being exactly 300 (UTG didn't look at my stack when he bet, it was coincidence that it was exactly equal). Button and UTG fold. I see I'm up against Qd Jd and am a 4:1 underdog. A turn 4s leaves me with but 3 outs and the 3s that hit wasn't one of them.

So in 14 hands at a 6 person table I held the following preflop hands:
KK, QQ, AQo, ATs, KJs, ATo, QTs, KJo, A9o, K9o, A5o, Q8o, XYo, 72o.

I'm used to 10 person tables, did I loosen up and get to aggressive for a 6 person table? Should I have gone all-in preflop on hand 14 (my thinking was to try and hit an A or Q on the flop and go in if either of those happened, thinking either lower pocket pair or worse A from either of my opps is likely and I'd rather not move in and have the pp call me, and that my two ops were on the passive side pre-flop and I had position - I'm not sure if it is result based analysis or more time that has me now thinking all-in preflop was better)? Should I have played hand 9 differently?