PDA

View Full Version : call this all-in bet on level 1? (low content)

dfscott
03-27-2005, 12:26 AM
I was trying to figure out how to extract any money on this hand when someone helped me out.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney (20+2), Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t818)
SB (t445)
BB (t865)
Hero (t775)
UTG+1 (t1050)
UTG+2 (t977)
MP1 (t775)
MP2 (t955)
MP3 (t700)
CO (t640)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t85</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls t85, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (t215) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets t125</font>, Hero calls t125.

Turn: (t465) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets t490 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls t490.

River: (t955) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t955

It's nice to have the luck for a change... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

davehwm
03-27-2005, 12:32 AM
How are the 22s? Don't you mostly play the 11s? Just wondering, you seem to be at the same level as I am based on your posts and number of games played (think I remember a post of yours last night).

I've played about 200 11s, haven't even attempted the 22s yet..

dfscott
03-27-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm still playing the 11s, I just play a 22 every now and then on the weekend just to test the waters.

There are still bad players (like this guy), but you'll see more people hanging on into the later rounds. People also seems to pounce on weakness and give fewer free cards. Of course, I've only played 2 dozen or so, so YMMV.

davehwm
03-27-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still playing the 11s, I just play a 22 every now and then on the weekend just to test the waters.

There are still bad players (like this guy), but you'll see more people hanging on into the later rounds. People also seems to pounce on weakness and give fewer free cards. Of course, I've only played 2 dozen or so, so YMMV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. FWIW, I jumped in one tonight and watched a few others. In the one that I played, we were 6 handed going into Level 2 /images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Of course, things immediately tightened up and I did recognize a slight skill difference in the later levels in both the one I played and the few that I watched. I suspect some of the earlier craziness can be contributed to Saturday night.

Finished on the bubble, as an early KK allowed me to double up against one of the maniacs but found myself just stealing back and forth for the rest of the time until I finally busted w/ KTs v. AQo. Does this mean I can't handle the 22s?? Or is it just variance?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

/images/graemlins/wink.gif ... I'll continue chipping away at the 11s until I'm more confident with my game and ROI as I have plenty of work to do.

Scuba Chuck
03-27-2005, 03:14 AM
Man, I've never had 4 aces before.

But as an interesting aside. I play in a live game with friends once a month. Tonight was one of them. I had the following 5 hands consecutively.

AA
AA
AKs
45s
AA

What were the probabilities of that? (And I still got second place /images/graemlins/confused.gif)

dfscott
03-27-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But as an interesting aside. I play in a live game with friends once a month. Tonight was one of them. I had the following 5 hands consecutively.

AA
AA
AKs
45s
AA

What were the probabilities of that? (And I still got second place /images/graemlins/confused.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow -- that is quite a run. I continued having good luck in this SnG (in addition to the quads, I flopped a set with KK that took someone's stack and also got AA three-handed that moved me to HU) and was lucky enough to go on to win my first 22.

LotsOfOuts69
03-27-2005, 05:26 AM
It was dangerous to check that turn card and let him draw to his straight flush for free, but I guess you got lucky..lol

--LoO

UncleDuke
03-27-2005, 06:05 AM
He must've had the fifth ace. Bummer for him.

Degen
03-27-2005, 07:29 AM
take a stab at the 33's man...u seem like u know whats goin on...they are VERY beatable

Degen

nWirb
03-27-2005, 08:06 AM
I don't like your line here, this is an easy fold. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TheUsher
03-27-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

AA
AA
AKs
45s
AA

[/ QUOTE ]

AA twice in a row is something like 40k+:1. Add in the other ones and I'll say that you used up all your luck on Party for the next month. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

microbet
03-27-2005, 02:50 PM
I had 4 aces once and lost to a royal.

Ok, it was Omaha.

And it was in a B&amp;M.

And they had a bad beat jackpot.

I won $1,500.