PDA

View Full Version : Online IQ Tests- Bulls***?

Voltron87
03-26-2005, 11:40 PM
I hear a ton of people spouting off on this site about their IQ. Nobody take this personally/ But 90% of them are getting them from free online tests. Does anyone actually know how accurate these tests are? I've heard from two seperate people who know what they're talking about that they are unreliable (skewed towards score inflation). I get the impression they are.

And where's a good one I can try? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Michael Emery
03-26-2005, 11:43 PM
I've taken several of these online IQ tests and they all seem to be geared towards inflation. According to everyone I've taken I'm a genius.......which I doubt.

Mike Emery

wacki
03-26-2005, 11:44 PM
I scored 160 when I took my last IQ test. There is no way I am as smart as Einstein. My vote is that a lot of them are complete BS.

zaxx19
03-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Took a full and rigorous exam when I was 10ish...

Was having alot of problems in school. Not suprising since it was a complete waste of time for me.

It took about 4 hours and I was observed by a professional the entire time with many exercises being puzzles that couldnt be simulated online.

I wont divulge the score but it was extremely high...excepting for short term memory which was pretty low.

There is no way what I was put through could reasonably be simulated online.

I have taken tests online and scored like 145 ish...(dfidnt take them very seriously kinda a joke with a friend)so I really dont have any personal reason NOT to put stock in them.

Sponger15SB
03-26-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I scored 160 when I took my last IQ test. There is no way I am as smart as Einstein. My vote is that a lot of them are complete BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I scored 158 when I took my last IQ test. There is no way I am as smart as Wacki. My vote is that a lot of them are complete BS.

wacki
03-27-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I scored 158 when I took my last IQ test. There is no way I am as smart as Wacki. My vote is that a lot of them are complete BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is hilarious. I have a feeling you are probably a bit smarter then you think you are.

Cry Me A River
03-27-2005, 12:31 AM
I took one of the "major" (at the time, anyway) online tests ages ago and it was junk. The test included a time multipler - Basically for every minute under the average completion time it would increase your score by X% (or something like that). Which is horrible - Not only is it a huge advantage for people like me who trained themselves in high school to do tests as quickly as possible since we were often allowed to leave once we were done but it's also exploitable if you realise the strategy that it's often better to skip/guess at a question than to spend a lot of time on it and the worst thing you can do is spend a lot of time on a question and still get it wrong (so if you're not sure you can solve a question, don't, just guess you have a 25% chance of being right (multiple choice), even better if you can eliminate an unlikely answer or two...)

ThaSaltCracka
03-27-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is hilarious. I have a feeling you are probably a bit smarter then you think you are.

[/ QUOTE ]I dunno, most people on here think he is an idiot, and most of the people on here are in the top 10% of intelligent people.

youtalkfunny
03-27-2005, 05:10 AM
I've noticed that I score higher on sites that want to sell me a breakdown of my score.

That's probably not a coincidence.

housenuts
03-27-2005, 05:36 AM
so you mean my 98 was inflated? uh oh

Victor
03-27-2005, 05:59 AM
i have always been a genious according.....but ehy dont erally know me....

Pinga
03-27-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Took a full and rigorous exam when I was 10ish...
There is no way what I was put through could reasonably be simulated online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. They probably could simulate it, but no free site will.

I just did the iqtest.com one and it was pitiful. Then they tried to make me pay and haven't sent any results. nh. I imagine the best link to an online test will be on a .edu site. I'm not searching. I'm already annoyed I allowed you to sucker me into taking a test.

Q: Did they make you do ink blots, too?

Never could figure that one out. Oooo he's a smart one, he saw a butterfly.

I think they were just screwing with me.
--
Pinga