PDA

View Full Version : Ever look up irony in the dictionary?

dogmeat
03-26-2005, 09:34 PM
If you ever look up irony in your dictionary, you will find this very snapshot, from Dutch Boyd's website:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Because Everybody Pays Their Own Way

My name's Dutch Boyd.

Hopefully, I'll be playing the $5k event here in Reno... just about finding the right backer(S)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No kidding, these are all within an inch of each other on his site. What the hell was I doing there anyway? I'm a doof.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Robbe
03-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Did you know that the dictionary lists four different ways to spell gullible?

whiskeytown
03-27-2005, 12:41 AM
I feel bad for the guy -

loses his business (twice), loses his cute Italian girlfriend, goes thru an episode of Bi-Polar that left him in the hospital for several days (twice) - he's gotten a couple bad beats lately. Some might say Karma, but [censored] like that happen can happen to the best guy almost as easily as it happens to the bastards who deserve it.

and take it from me personally, you do NOT wanna be in the psych wards against your will waiting for a physician to approve your discharge, esp. if you're the only depressed/suicidal one and everyone else is just there for substance abuse.

so I am offically stepping off the bash Russ "Dutch" Boyd wagon till further notice. - I'll just stick to abusing Felicia's doctor, GWB, and John Bonetti till further notice.

However, he is a Russ and I am a Russ and I can tell you that there will come a time when we will all gather for the quickening and try to take each other's head, and I suspect he's gotten rusty with the sword, so when that time comes, I will take his head - but that could be 200 yrs. away.

but in the end, there can be only one.

RB

Victor
03-27-2005, 03:26 AM
thats actually not ironic.

GoblinMason (Craig)
03-27-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you know that the dictionary lists four different ways to spell gullible?

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't find gullible in the american dictionary; it's just a french word that americans use. Also it's spelled gullable.

Russ McGinley
03-27-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel bad for the guy -

loses his business (twice), loses his cute Italian girlfriend, goes thru an episode of Bi-Polar that left him in the hospital for several days (twice) - he's gotten a couple bad beats lately. Some might say Karma, but [censored] like that happen can happen to the best guy almost as easily as it happens to the bastards who deserve it.

and take it from me personally, you do NOT wanna be in the psych wards against your will waiting for a physician to approve your discharge, esp. if you're the only depressed/suicidal one and everyone else is just there for substance abuse.

so I am offically stepping off the bash Russ "Dutch" Boyd wagon till further notice. - I'll just stick to abusing Felicia's doctor, GWB, and John Bonetti till further notice.

However, he is a Russ and I am a Russ and I can tell you that there will come a time when we will all gather for the quickening and try to take each other's head, and I suspect he's gotten rusty with the sword, so when that time comes, I will take his head - but that could be 200 yrs. away.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Russ! I say we hit Dutch in a Royal Rumble-like 2-on-1 beatdown, then we turn on each other when the fans think we're going to be buddies. Then that Russ G. guy runs in and we're buddies again.

terrapin314
03-27-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel bad for the guy -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Another "child prodigy" who ends up burned out/fouled up by their mid 20's.

Greg (FossilMan)
03-27-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another "child prodigy" who ends up burned out/fouled up by their mid 20's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given all the other lies of his, since I've seen no evidence of it, I am going on the assumption that the whole "child prodigy" thing, including the graduating from law school, is a bunch of made-up marketing baloney. It's clear Dutch has an above average IQ, but I'm not so sure he's as smart as he wants us all to believe.

Essentially, every word that comes out of his mouth, I assume it's a lie.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

FeliciaLee
03-27-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, come flame some of the callous surgeons I've spoken to in the past week! Oy, dealing with cancer is worse than actually having cancer!

Now I know why Bonetti is such a creep, he had very serious cancer a few years back and wasn't expected to live! Now I understand some of his anger, lol /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif
www.felicialee.net (http://www.felicialee.net)

kirisim
03-28-2005, 12:15 AM
If Dutch really is bipolar (manic depressive), that would explain some of his extremely bizarre behavior.

tek
03-28-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am going on the assumption that the whole "child prodigy" thing, including the graduating from law school, is a bunch of made-up marketing baloney. Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hate it when people make stuff up to get attention... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EliteNinja
04-06-2005, 05:34 AM
It's like raaaaiiiiaaaiin on a sunny day!

tpir90036
04-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Sadly... you screwed up the lyrics to a horrible song. I am not sure which is worse:

1) That you tried to list the lyrics to said crappy song
2) That you screwed them up
3) That I know the lyrics and that you screwed them up.

I vote for #3.

meow_meow
04-07-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thats actually not ironic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you've ever looked up irony in the dictionary.

to wit: irony - The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.

As in, Dutch saying "everyone pays their own way", then seeking not to pay his own way via backers...