PDA

View Full Version : QTo in sb

bernie
03-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Mucks 10-20

Good game. Good predictable donators abound. LP is on the loose side, very passive. Conservative with raises.

I complete with QTo in sb and 4 or 5 see the flop.

Flop Q x x r x= disjointed rag cards

I bet, folded to LP who raises. Only I call.

Turn: Some low, piece of crap card

I check, LP bets then looks at me awaiting my decision, I fold.

b

gaming_mouse
03-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Same response as to your other hand: great if your read is correct, bad otherwise.

But if you're really sure of your read, then this hand is simple and not even worth a post. So I'd guess that your reason for posting is a nagging doubt about the read. But even then, as long as your read is usually correct, this can't be that bad.

CallMeIshmael
03-26-2005, 09:01 PM
This one seems a lot less close than the other one.

Conservative players don't tend to raise a hand worse than top pair decent kicker.

mr pink
03-26-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LP bets then looks at me awaiting my decision

[/ QUOTE ]

how much did this influence your decision? and why?

bernie
03-26-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if you're really sure of your read, then this hand is simple and not even worth a post. So I'd guess that your reason for posting is a nagging doubt about the read. But even then, as long as your read is usually correct, this can't be that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no qualms about my fold. I had to think a moment before folding to make sure. I posted it wondering how many would just auto-call it simply because they have top pair. Whether they overread the situation or underread it. Or in the other case, an overpair to the flop.

I realize that I posted 2 turn folds simultaneously which looks like I may be championing loose folds on the turn. I'm not.

Against unknowns, or with a 'blanket' approach, both hands play differently.

b

bernie
03-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Her flop raise, then turn bet was more of an influence. Her looking at me did help a little. She seemed pretty confident in her bet the way she acted.

b

Chris Daddy Cool
03-26-2005, 10:43 PM
hey b, no chance of her having Q9? if not then good fold, if maybe then bad fold. its all in the read, but i'm sure you already knew that.

bernie
03-26-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no chance of her having Q9?

[/ QUOTE ]

She isn't playing her hand that strong with that small a kicker. Especially with me betting out on a drawless board.

She also knows my play and respects it. One reason I had to think a bit on the turn is because I almost overread the situation, looking for any reasonable excuse to call.

b