PDA

View Full Version : AA in BB on Bubble

yecul
03-26-2005, 08:39 PM
I think it was 144 left with 140 paying. I'm way short stacked and am not too concerned about just getting ITM though obviously getting something is better than nothing. What should I do with AA in this spot?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t10280)
Button (t3888)
SB (t19863)
Hero (t3100)
UTG (t9580)
UTG+1 (t2340)
MP1 (t17314)
MP2 (t27404)
MP3 (t3520)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero ???

RandomFluke
03-26-2005, 08:42 PM
I'd probably min raise here.

adanthar
03-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Push because he'll call.

captainzodiac
03-26-2005, 11:24 PM
i like a check here in the bb,you already have it heads up,like you want with aa,and i hate the risk of him folding to any raise,when i really need to double up here,the fact he didn't raise you here with his much larger stack leads me to believe he has a pretty poor hand and i hope on the flop he hits a pair and pushes post flop.if he gets lucky and flops 2 pair you're done,but a chance i'll take in this situation.

Rushmore
03-26-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Push because he'll call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not carved in stone, because it's a decent raise, and losing will leave the sb with less than ten bb's.

The play is either a minraise/push on the flop, or a smooth call/extract on flop and turn.

Obviously, this latter is riskier, but no more so than pushing preflop and getting played with.

This is a situation where it is very important to double up.

If you smooth call, he'll bet any flop, so at least there's that much more in the pot, and he'll bethat much more committed.

Pushing preflop doesn't seem like it can possibly be right.

woodguy
03-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Pushing looks like it wants a call least.

Regards,
Woodguy

yecul
03-27-2005, 02:15 AM
I pushed, he folded. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tiger7210
03-27-2005, 02:58 AM
If the SB is fairly aggressive and auto-bet the flop then I'll check and push over the top on the flop. If he's fairly loose PF and you think he may call then push now. I think how you play this really depends on your read of the SB.

balt999
03-27-2005, 03:27 AM
I'd probably raise half your stack, hoping to induce a call by the bigger stack, then moving it in the flop no matter what comes out...

balt999 journal about poker and life...check it out (http://www.livejournal.com/users/balt999/)

Rushmore
03-27-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably raise half your stack, hoping to induce a call by the bigger stack, then moving it in the flop no matter what comes out...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a raise and push too, but not for half your stack.

Most even halfway decent players recognize that you're virtually always committing yourself, and that half your stack is essentially the same as a push.

I still say a small raise then extract on flop and turn, or else a smooth call and a push to the inevitable flop bet.

My take on this situation is that you have to adopt a simple mindset: I MUST double up, and I cannot worry about getting outflopped.

It's not a situation where you should worry too much about getting your aces cracked. If that happens, it happens. It's all about getting him to put all of his chips into the middle.

captainzodiac
03-27-2005, 03:25 PM
i still think he's showing that he has very little with a big stack,and not raising the little stack bb,so is likely to fold to any raise,i'd check,check check,right until the river if i had to, to try induce a bluff out of him and hope my rockets didn't get out flopped,because it's a must i make something of this hand.