Dead
03-26-2005, 08:22 PM
It looks like we(my friend and I) will be having some beer:

Here's what's on the menu:

Unibroue 2005
Fullers London Porter
Unibroue La Terrible

and other assorted beers

My friend is an alcohol connoisseur. We are going to drink these tonight while watching good movies.

I've never had "good" beer before, so I hope these are as good as my friend says they will be.

billymonk
03-26-2005, 08:34 PM
I am far from an alcohol connoisseur, so I have chosen for myself, Molson's new caffeinated beer. I certainly hope it works as I have to hang out with my girlfriend tonight and I'd like to not be passed out.

Besides having broken 5 of them on the walk home from the beerstore (perhaps the saddest moment in my life), it's going quite well and perhaps I'm just imagining it, but I can sense that I am not as tired as I was earlier.

Here's hoping the beer will keep me up, but still get me drunk. Go beer.

Dead
03-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Sounds good bro.

I forgot a beer that we also bought. Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout. It is supposedly an awesome tasting beverage.

brassnuts
03-26-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout. It is supposedly an awesome tasting beverage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything Samuel Smith's is going to be great. Try their Taddy Porter as well.

And, if your thinking of going Canadian, I prefer Moosehead to Molson's.

zaxx19
03-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Canadian ...mm go blue or Alexander Keiths if you like the thick stuff.

Dead
03-26-2005, 09:34 PM
We didn't buy any Canadian ones. Just European beers as far as I know. But I will try Moosehead eventually I think.

I have had Molson and didn't think much of it.

InchoateHand
03-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Unibroue is a small brewery in Quebec, that has had tremendous success and exposure in the last few years.

Fin du Monde was their flagship beer, but lately their edition (2003, 2004, 2005) and their onze have taken off too.

They are solid, dependable choices, often using belgian yeasts and bottom fermented.

Additionally they make a blackcurrent and an appel beer, but both are subpar.

If you like a fruity, oily trappist-inspired-but-nowhere-near-as-clean beer, Unibroue is your brewery. I drink a number of their selection relatively frequently.

Dead
03-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh I was wrong then. I guess we do have a couple of Canadian drinks then.

Thanks
Dead

billymonk
03-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Not a fan of Keith's at all. I really have tried to enjoy it but just can't do.

If I'm drinking generic Canadian beer, definitley Blue. When it comes to more specialized generic beers Canadian has definitley upped their game with Cold Shots and Kick (the caffeinated beer). However, when it really comes down to it; Moosehead is the best Canadian beer, and no caffeine; small cans with more alcohol; served < 0 degrees beer can come before it.

Billy

billymonk
03-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Definitley try Moosehead. Don't try Canadian just for the sake of trying Canadian. Try Canadian if you're going to try one of their new projects, like Kick (the caffeinated one) or their Cold shots (6.0 al. con. and smaller cans).
For a very cliche Canadian beer, Blue is much better.

lu_hawk
03-26-2005, 10:43 PM
is unibroue pronounced like unibrow?

b0000000000m
03-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Best beer site on the net, search for any beer and get comprehensive ratings from lots of people who know what they are talking about: Beeradvocate (http://www.beeradvocate.com).

Tyler Durden
03-27-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is unibroue pronounced like unibrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering also. That would be funny.

zaxx19
03-27-2005, 04:56 AM
Um my French is crap but from living in Quebec id say not exactly......