PDA

View Full Version : what to do here?

elfleader
03-26-2005, 07:42 PM
this is the big pacific poker tourney today...i have about 25k in chips blinds at 400/800...1 off button limps(2.4k) so does sb(10k) and me in the bb with j6 checks flop jqq SB checks...what to do??

CardSharpCook
03-26-2005, 07:48 PM
uh, bet?*

*this was almost the entire post. Ok, here's why. The limper probably played an implied odds hand like 87s or 33. If you check to him, he will bet, and you will know nothing about the strength of his hand. If you bet, he will give you credit for the Jack (probably not for the queen) and will fold, I'd say 80% of the time. IF he plays back, I'm not believing him. IF he calls, I'm worried, but I'm still betting the turn. However, I'm not terribly attached to my J6 and if the SB shows any interest, I am done with the hand.

CSC

CSC

wAzZu24
03-26-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The limper probably played an implied odds hand like 87s or 33

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he limps these hands for a third of his stack?

CardSharpCook
03-26-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The limper probably played an implied odds hand like 87s or 33

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he limps these hands for a third of his stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my,didn't notice that. I'm paying him off if he wants, but I still bet the flop because the worst thing in the world would be if the limper checks behind me. If that happens, I have no idea what to make of a SB bet on the turn AND I've just let two players draw to unknown outs. If we were heads up, I'd check, hoping he bet all in, but because of the SB, I bet out the flop.

CSC

elfleader
03-26-2005, 09:15 PM
i did bet..limper went allin and i called and the limper showed jk and won..tough hand in my opinion was not sure what to do