PDA

View Full Version : not so much fun with T9s

mr pink
03-26-2005, 07:42 PM
i post on the CO and dealt 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

ALL UNKNOWNS

utg folds, utg+1 raises, 1 fold, mp1 cold calls, i call, button folds, sb folds, bb 3-bets, utg+1 caps, mp1 calls 2 more cold, i call(not sure about this, probably should have dumped it right here).

4 way to the flop for 16.5 sbs

flop: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

bb checks, utg+1 checks, mp1 bets, i call (planning on raising a non-scary turn), bb raises, utg+1 folds, mp1 calls, i call.

turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif - 3 players - 11ish bbs

bb checks, mp1 bets, i call, bb calls.

river: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif - 3 players - 14bbs

bb bets, utg+1 raises, i fold...

Redd
03-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Is the pf coldcall from an UTG+1 raise +EV?

edit: Sorry, just noticed you posted. Nice hand.

shant
03-26-2005, 08:11 PM
I would fold the turn here because I don't feel good about one of my outs and I don't know if the BB is planning on check-raising again.

mr pink
03-26-2005, 08:24 PM
folding crossed my mind on the turn, but i felt my 9's were good, and the non /images/graemlins/club.gif Ts probably were as well. i guestimated 4 outs at the time, and getting 12:1, i'm still ok with it.

Pil Sung Do
03-26-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
folding crossed my mind on the turn, but i felt my 9's were good,

[/ QUOTE ]

It was capped preflop, and the BB checkraised the flop, why do you think your 9's are good?

CallMeIshmael
03-26-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was capped preflop, and the BB checkraised the flop, why do you think your 9's are good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he meant it as outs. Like, he wins the pot if a 9 comes. Or a non-club ten.

Pil Sung Do
03-26-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure he meant it as outs. Like, he wins the pot if a 9 comes. Or a non-club ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that makes a little more sense. I still don't like the preflop call though. Or the turn call.

mr pink
03-26-2005, 09:38 PM
the preflop call is debatable yeah. but i think the turn is pretty standard, at least i hope so.

BigFishSmallCardRoom
03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Preflop, 3-bet it to eliminate the blinds.

With your line, a call with T9s is fine in a 4-way capped pot.

On the flop, raise it. You cannot wait for a non-scary card on the turn with top pair 9's. Almost any card is gonna be scary and the pot is plenty large, you want to eliminate players.

Turn: muck it. Overcard completing a flush hits the board.

mr pink
03-26-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do i want to eliminate the blinds with a good multiway hand?

[ QUOTE ]
With your line, a call with T9s is fine in a 4-way capped pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true, then 3-betting preflop wouldn't make much sense.

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, raise it. You cannot wait for a non-scary card on the turn with top pair 9's. Almost any card is gonna be scary and the pot is plenty large, you want to eliminate players.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cannot protect my hand with a flop raise here. granted there are a lot of scary turn cards, but there are also a lot of blanks that i wouldn't mind seeing either. raising the flop isn't going to force anybody out, and is just investing more bets with a hand that is very vulnerable to a lot of turn cards.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: muck it. Overcard completing a flush hits the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

the pot is large enough that i have odds to draw to 2 pair (although i'm not totally sure about the turn call, i think it was right), and i'm not worried somebody has the flush just yet.

welcome to the forums /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

pokerkai
03-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I woulda dumped it preflop.

I like the smoothcall on the flop. Your probably not gonna clear anybody worth clearing on the flop, theres no information to really be had, and your very likely to get 3bet if you do raise.

Id dump on the turn, awful card for you.

bernie
03-26-2005, 10:34 PM
=

bernie
03-26-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is priceless.

b

mr pink
03-26-2005, 10:35 PM
yeah so do i (the second time around though), not the first.

CallMeIshmael
03-26-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.