PDA

View Full Version : 99 with one overcard vs aggression

Isura
03-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Table is loose passive, vp/pfr = 50/6 after about 80 hands when I played this. Postflop is even more passive. Very little raising on turn and river without the nuts. Villian is very loose, 65/6 (80 hands). I have seen him bet small middle and bottom pair with a weak kicker on the flop out of position before. So I think the flop raise was in order. I'm not sure what to make of his 3-bet. I'm not sure he's capable of 3-betting A7 or something here, but I can't count it out since flop aggression is more common than on later streets at this table. Is folding the turn bad?
My reasoning for folding was 1) the board pairing, this scared me more than usual because of villian's tendency to bet bottom pair, 2) Also way behind to a King, likely since he 3-bet, 3) overcards can still kill me (button still worried me). How much more correct is it to call down, if I get say JJ? First HUSH post, comments appreciated.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG? calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG? calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG? bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG? 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG? bets</font>, Hero folds...

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Danenania
03-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Looks okay to me. Heads-up I'd call down.

Isura
03-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks. So this is a standard calldown HU against most opponents?

cartman
03-27-2005, 06:43 AM
I have a hard time with this, but I think you are supposed to fold immediately when he 3-bets the flop. You probably have to credit him with at least a K if you haven't seen him 3-bet something weak before.

Cartman