PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe im going to say this...

Cubswin
03-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I like AZ +5.5

CCx
03-26-2005, 06:37 PM
agree with you completely, i've got also a few on the ML too

Clarkmeister
03-26-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like AZ +5.5

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are wrong. And I'm as objective as it gets about Illinois. They have consistently played their best when it matters most, and this is THE game they've pointed all year for. It's their preseason goal. It's on a home-ish court. I fully expect them to really light it up today. The biggest concern is whether Deron stays out of foul trouble. But this is a great matchup for Illinois.

Cubswin
03-26-2005, 07:28 PM
I try to sneak this post in the sports forum rather then the OOT forum and you caught me. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ive just had the day from hell so maybe im a little negative at the moment. I went to go to IKEA this morning which is 25 miles away and as im pulling off the highway my car dies. Call for a tow truck and i lock my keys in the car. Dispatcher says we'll send someone in 15 minutes... I tell him my vehicle is 4-wheel drive and need a flatbed... he says that will be 1.5 hours. Get the car towed to the GM dealer and their service center is closed for the holiday. All my friends left for the holiday weekend so i have to cab it back from the dealership.

It just has not been a good day....

scalf
03-26-2005, 09:17 PM
/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif..

so what??

didja have tcu cracked off by foul coach did not want (g was susposed to be over...

then dunk missed by looey (along with 8 o.t. foul shots) to crack off looey

now i got ill -2.5 at ht

so i just jynxed the hell outta ill

gl

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

CCx
03-26-2005, 10:34 PM
woohoo, an all wildcats weekend $$$$$$

JupiterUWG
03-26-2005, 10:36 PM
arizona gives it away in regulation...then has a possession to win it and barely gets a shot off! terrible! But those of you who bet on AZ on the +5.5 are victorious

holeplug
03-26-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
woohoo, an all wildcats weekend $$$$$$

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif. If Zona was an east coast team it would have been like +1.5 or +2. Easy $.

holeplug
03-26-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
arizona gives it away in regulation...then has a possession to win it and barely gets a shot off! terrible! But those of you who bet on AZ on the +5.5 are victorious

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we just witnessed the biggest coaching meltdown in the last 10 years or so.

RiverTheNuts
03-26-2005, 10:41 PM
That was the biggest choke in Arizona history, possibly in the history of the NCAA tournament... how do you score 15 points in 2 minutes?

Im going to commit suicide now

CCx
03-26-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
then has a possession to win it and barely gets a shot off!

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a good thing they took timeout to setup that play /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JupiterUWG
03-26-2005, 10:44 PM
would that constitute a "play"? Lute Olsen, are you alive?

dana33
03-26-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think we just witnessed the biggest coaching meltdown in the last 10 years or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's up there, but I have seen the same sort of thing happen too many times under Lute. He just seems to stink at coaching the endgame.

-- Heartbroken Arizona alum

RiverTheNuts
03-26-2005, 10:49 PM
He's a great recruiter, but terrible at controlling the guys in crunch time... I think there will be some fires and broken [censored] down on 4th Ave tonight... though I feel like crawling in a hole and dying... pure and simple, that was [censored] ridiculous and worse than any nightmare I could have had about the game... HOW DO YOU SCORE 15 POINTS IN 2 MINUTES?!!

dana33
03-26-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pure and simple, that was [censored] ridiculous and worse than any nightmare I could have had about the game...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I would have preferred an Illinois blowout. I would have preferred a game that stayed tight the whole way to the end with Illinois winning. I would have preferred an Illinois victory on a bad call. Any of these would have been easier to take than that mega-choke.

mikelow
03-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Well, I had a small play on Arizona, and decided to do something else, rather than come back on Illinois.

Trusting my gut instinct worked.

WarDekar
03-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Hey, I loved it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, yeah, I go to UofI /images/graemlins/wink.gif