PDA

View Full Version : Absolute: Have to see flop to get credit towards bonus?

TomBrooks
03-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Wassup?

I am in the process of preparing to sign up at Absolute. I emailed support@absolute.com to find out what the bonii requirements are.

They replied to me that to qualify for a raked hand you must see the flop. I am both flabbergasted and flummoxed at this as I never seen such a thing mentioned here and this would make a huge difference in bonii clearing. So I ask: Is it true? Is it possible it is a new requirement for new accounts?

mosquito
03-26-2005, 04:45 PM
No. You only need to be dealt in......

PS Get rakeback. Several good afiliates......(not me)

NateDog
03-26-2005, 04:45 PM
I just finished last night, and I just had to be dealt in for the hand to qualify (minimum $.25 rake or $5 pot).

Beware, rocky roads ahead. Yes, it was that tight.

playersare
03-26-2005, 04:48 PM
"no flop, no drop" is the rake policy at virtually all the online poker sites.

shouldn't be a huge issue since 75-80% of dealt hands do make it to 3rd street.

TomBrooks
03-26-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS Get rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, I am just waiting to get contacted back by some I contacted.

Absolutes website has a 50% to $500 offer for 1st Neteller use valid until the 31st but none of the affiliates mention it so I am trying to get that info before I sign.

Some of the affiliates are even offering the 35% up to only $210 when the site direct is up to $350. Some of the affiliates seem to have got that right at least.

I also don't understand if one can get the 35% by one deposit method plus the 50% Neteller or if it's either or. And none of these affiliates seem to want to use a phone so I expect to jerk around trying to get a few basic questions answered by them with emails going back and forth a few times to answer a few basic questions that would take 5 minutes to clear up on the phone.

TomBk

mosquito
03-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Don't worry about bonuses. You can redopist for
more every week. 50% neteller is good through
anyone, but you must email the cashier afterewards
to get it into your account.

TomBrooks
03-26-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"no flop, no drop" is the rake policy at virtually all the online poker sites.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Nate and mosquito,

I understand there must be a flop for a hand to get credited towards a bonus, but check out the exact wording of the email I got from support@absolute.com :

> You will receive 1 pending point for every raked hand where the TABLE
> generates a minimum rake of $0.25, the pot must be at least $5.00 please note
> that in order for you to receive the point you must wait after the flop to
> fold your cards otherwise no points will be awarded. [emphasis added] Also please note that
> the rake is different than the tables' stake you are playing.

This clearly says one has to enter the pot and see the flop. Perhaps the customer service rep made an error? I sent a reply email to them specifically addressing this question.

Thanks,
TomBk

Lurker4
03-26-2005, 05:50 PM
"no flop, no drop" is the rake policy at virtually all the online poker sites.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Nate and mosquito,

I understand there must be a flop for a hand to get credited towards a bonus, but check out the exact wording of the email I got from support@absolute.com :

> You will receive 1 pending point for every raked hand where the TABLE
> generates a minimum rake of $0.25, the pot must be at least $5.00 please note
> that in order for you to receive the point you must wait after the flop to
> fold your cards otherwise no points will be awarded. [emphasis added] Also please note that
> the rake is different than the tables' stake you are playing.

This clearly says one has to enter the pot and see the flop. Perhaps the customer service rep made an error? I sent a reply email to them specifically addressing this question.

Thanks,
TomBk

[/ QUOTE ]

That has to be an error. Absolute has always been dealt raked hands, not contributed raked hands. Unless its been changed in the last day or two, support is wrong.

NateDog
03-26-2005, 05:53 PM
This was NOT the policy that I signed up under. If you are having trouble with Absolute's support (no surprise there) you can email the poker room manager (Gian) directly. His email is on the 'contact us' page. Also, you may want to post this on bonuswhores, and pokersourceonline, as you will get answers from people dealing with site updates daily.

Taken from absolute T&C (http://www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsTerms.asp)
[ QUOTE ]
1 point will be awarded for each raked game (minimum rake of $0.25) you play

[/ QUOTE ]

TomBrooks
03-26-2005, 06:35 PM
From: tombrooks@yahoo.com Date: 03/26/05 To: support@absolutepoker.com

==============

--- support@absolutepoker.com wrote:
> Dear customer,

> Thank you for the reply.

> The easiest way to understand how this works is: If you are involve in a hand
> after the flop that the pot is at least $5.00 you will earn a point.

> Best regards,
> xxxx-Absolute Poker.

=====================

I checked the T&C at the site and it does not agree with this customer service rep. I am just going to assume he's wrong and go ahead and sign up.

TomBk

Uglyowl
03-26-2005, 06:55 PM
The CSR is wrong.

TomBrooks
03-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I'll give this CSR credit for one thing. He has a high level of self assurance. In the extreem, that is not always a good thing. I gave up on emailing him, but this came in the meantime.

***************
TomBk to Absolute email:

Hello J.,

Could you please advise when this policy started?

I know several people who play poker there and they told me when they get a
deposit bonus they get credited for every hand they play that the pot gets
raked, even if they fold their hands before the flop. So is this a new policy
that just started recently?

Thanks, TomBk
****************
Dear customer,

Thank you for the reply.

That is not true, not every hand raked counts as a pending point, You will
receive 1 pending point for every raked hand where the table generates a minimum
rake of $0.25, the pot must be at least $5.00 please, note that in order for you
to receive the point you must wait after the flop to fold your cards otherwise
no points will be awarded.

Best regards,

J.-Absolute Poker.

contentless
03-26-2005, 08:42 PM
I've got a feeling that it's because "J" is using his pronouns incorrectly. Contributed hands would really kill Absolute's traffic.