PDA

View Full Version : I hate Table coaches

sfwusc
03-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Some total sucks so you tell them that....stupid stupid.

I have to make myself out to be an ass to get them to fuss at me... save my fish (ATM)

SFWUSC

BruinEric
03-26-2005, 04:16 PM
I certainly agree and do my share of getting the coach ticked at me instead.

I recently had some guy at party/empire with a nickname that included "spaceman" (don't remember the exact name) who was actually SINCERELY coaching -- not just venting over a bad beat. He was trying to engage another player in education on his game and including PT stats as well.

Me and another guy lit into him on chat and it started getting really nasty (the other crank got vulgar, I just hit him with SHUT UP) with spaceman exuberantly defending his right to express himself.

So its not always that table coaches don't KNOW it can spoil a game, its that they don't agree it spoils the game.

Adde
03-26-2005, 06:00 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1263292&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=&vc=#Post1263292

SoftcoreRevolt
03-26-2005, 06:16 PM
If someone table coaches, report them to Party and have their chat removed.

TomBrooks
03-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Does Party consider table coaching unacceptable chat?

RydenStoompala
03-27-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate Table coaches

[/ QUOTE ]

You should. They are sub human. At some point, human DNA will shift slightly and, like the Dodo bird, they will all die off. In the interim, turn off the entire chat funtion. If your ego can live without the occassional "NH" then the good far outweighs the negative of disabled chat.

In my humble opinion.

TomBrooks
03-27-2005, 11:02 AM
I never cared much for "nh" anyway. I find there is very little chatting at most games.

Keith Fellmy
03-27-2005, 12:08 PM
i love it when a "coach" or a "pro" starts in. There is a difference between the two. The "coach" loves to tell you the odds of why you made a bad play...and still beat him. The "pro" also tells you why you made a bad play...and still beat him...plus he adds that he has played every where on the internet and made thousands of dollars at it. I always use one line that shuts them up every time I am playing at a low stakes table or a freeroll tourney. I start out my conversation like this:

me: "Man where did you learn all of those stats?"
him: "I've read every book on poker (or some stuff like that."
me: where can I learn all that? I am a new player and just trying to get used to playing this crazy game."
him: "read such and such book, go to these such and such forums."
me: "Thanks I will get those books and look up those forums."
me: "Can I ask you a question?"
him: "sure"
me: "If you know all this stuff then why are you playing at the NL25/NL50/freeroll/low entry fee tourney? You should have made a lot of money and have no need to play at these next to nothing stakes."

Shuts them up every time.

CountDuckula
03-27-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the interim, turn off the entire chat funtion. If your ego can live without the occassional "NH" then the good far outweighs the negative of disabled chat.

In my humble opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I think sometimes the chat reveals how your opponents are thinking, which you can then exploit to your advantage. I do tend to be pretty quiet, myself; except that if the table is friendly and chatty, I try to join in, so as not to make them think I'm being too serious. If they're just obnoxious when they chat, I try to sift through the obnoxiousness and try to see if there's anything they're saying that might help me get an edge.

In my opinion, of course. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Mike

SoftcoreRevolt
03-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah. Usually they have to be pretty rude for it to be deemed gaggable, but it is always worth a try.

gorgeous
03-27-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love it when a "coach" or a "pro" starts in. There is a difference between the two. The "coach" loves to tell you the odds of why you made a bad play...and still beat him. The "pro" also tells you why you made a bad play...and still beat him...plus he adds that he has played every where on the internet and made thousands of dollars at it. I always use one line that shuts them up every time I am playing at a low stakes table or a freeroll tourney. I start out my conversation like this:

me: "Man where did you learn all of those stats?"
him: "I've read every book on poker (or some stuff like that."
me: where can I learn all that? I am a new player and just trying to get used to playing this crazy game."
him: "read such and such book, go to these such and such forums."
me: "Thanks I will get those books and look up those forums."
me: "Can I ask you a question?"
him: "sure"
me: "If you know all this stuff then why are you playing at the NL25/NL50/freeroll/low entry fee tourney? You should have made a lot of money and have no need to play at these next to nothing stakes."

Shuts them up every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to do this sometimes.. and I often got responses like "oh.. I'm just messing around..." I HATE WHEN PEOPLE LIE TO MY FACE

captZEEbo1
03-27-2005, 08:02 PM
when someone was obviously a bad player that took down a pot at the table, and the good (but not THAT good) player started berating him for his bad play, I just chimed in "Well who has the chips now?" It's funny, because it congratulates the bad player for his poor plays and the good(ish) player goes on MORE tilt.