PDA

View Full Version : Do you give this up anywhere ?

sourbeaver
03-26-2005, 03:39 PM
4-tabling to clear Party's bonus, so not much of a read on villain.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($22.1)
Hero ($26.75)
SB ($66.2)
BB ($37.07)
UTG ($159.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.75, UTG calls $1.75, MP calls $1.75.

Flop: ($8.10) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, MP calls $3, Hero calls $3, BB folds.

Turn: ($17.10) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, MP folds, Herp pushes, UTG calls $6.75.

River: ($38.85) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $59ish

sourbeaver
03-26-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't know about the flop also ..
I thought overpair was unlikely, but didn't want to get reraised by two-pair or flush draw and what not.

I thought it was best to wait for the turn to bump it up.

elcap
03-26-2005, 04:01 PM
I think the way you played it you probably could have gotten away from it on the turn. If he had only top pair on the flop he had to be worried about the fact you called the flop (after a pfr) and an overcard fell on the turn. I think you put yourself in a tough spot by not raising on the flop. If you raise to 9-10 there and he pushes a lot of chips in then you can probably lay it down. You were willing to go all in on the turn so you also could have pushed on the flop. The way you played it though I would probably have a tough time laying down on the turn b/c he probably read some weakness on you and could be betting his flush draw again.

Los Feliz Slim
03-26-2005, 04:11 PM
I would've limped pre-flop b/c a set of tens is going to be very well disguised and win a bunch against the deep UTG. But that's just me, and I vary my play with PP on the Button.

Then, I make a pot-size raise on the flop.

After that action if UTG is still betting into me it's easier to get away...

soah
03-26-2005, 04:16 PM
Flop call makes my head hurt. I can't even count the number of scare cards that could come on the turn. You've only got three times the current pot size on the flop, and you have an overpair. Unless there are already people all-in before the action gets to you or something, I'm looking to get my stack in ASAP. If you don't want to risk your stack on this type of board, then you need to just limp in preflop.

gulebjorn
03-26-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you give this up anywhere ?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

BobboFitos
03-26-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop call makes my head hurt. I can't even count the number of scare cards that could come on the turn. You've only got three times the current pot size on the flop, and you have an overpair. Unless there are already people all-in before the action gets to you or something, I'm looking to get my stack in ASAP. If you don't want to risk your stack on this type of board, then you need to just limp in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, what he said, only louder,soah tends to mumble.

soah
03-26-2005, 05:22 PM
FLOP CALL MAKES MY HEAD HURT. I CAN'T EVEN COUNT THE NUMBER OF SCARE CARDS THAT COULD COME ON THE TURN. YOU'VE ONLY GOT THREE TIMES THE CURRENT POT SIZE ON THE FLOP, AND YOU HAVE AN OVERPAIR. UNLESS THERE ARE ALREADY PEOPLE ALL-IN BEFORE THE ACTION GETS TO YOU OR SOMETHING, I'M LOOKING TO GET MY STACK IN ASAP. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK YOUR STACK ON THIS TYPE OF BOARD, THEN YOU NEED TO JUST LIMP IN PREFLOP.

IS THAT BETTER?

BobboFitos
03-26-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FLOP CALL MAKES MY HEAD HURT. I CAN'T EVEN COUNT THE NUMBER OF SCARE CARDS THAT COULD COME ON THE TURN. YOU'VE ONLY GOT THREE TIMES THE CURRENT POT SIZE ON THE FLOP, AND YOU HAVE AN OVERPAIR. UNLESS THERE ARE ALREADY PEOPLE ALL-IN BEFORE THE ACTION GETS TO YOU OR SOMETHING, I'M LOOKING TO GET MY STACK IN ASAP. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK YOUR STACK ON THIS TYPE OF BOARD, THEN YOU NEED TO JUST LIMP IN PREFLOP.

IS THAT BETTER?

[/ QUOTE ]

its better, just sounds angry though

sourbeaver
03-26-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

its better, just sounds angry though

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, should I send him chocolate or something ? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bweiser8311962
03-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm beaten with the turn bet ... though I could be up against A/9 or A/8 who thinks his top pair is good. More likely, 8/9 (two pair) or 6/7 (straight). I really smell the straight here.