PDA

View Full Version : AQo OOP against fish and maniac

tiltaholic
03-26-2005, 03:38 PM
I won't be able to respond to this until tomorrow, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this hand.

UTG+2 is a typical loose passive predictable player (calling station)
CO is playing virtually every hand (VPIP around 90, but PFR around 10), betting/raising any piece of the board, and also betting, draws, busted draws, and high card.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

I call mainly because my hand is probably best.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

For some reason, I now think I'm either slightly ahead or WAY behind. Raising seems foolhardy.

River: (7.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ???

David04
03-26-2005, 03:43 PM
I probably fold this turn. The pot is small, you only have second pair, and there is 4 to a straight on the board.Since you are still in the hand, I check this river, and call one bet.

GrunchCan
03-26-2005, 04:13 PM
I dunno, I think folding PF might be the right play. A PFR of 10 isn't exactly raising light. My PFR is only slightly below 10. That plus you have terrible relative position postflop.

If you have the best hand on the flop, you should definitely raise. I doubt you do tho. I think you are drawing to about 5 outs, and should call. You made the right play, but for the wrong reasons.

On the turn I think your estimation is right: You're slightly ahead or way behind. Raising seems like the only possible option here. If you are slightly ahead, you want everyone to go away. If your'e way behind, cold callers or 3-betters will define your hand, and you can throw in the towel. Raise the turn. If everyone but CO folds, value bet the river unless the board gets super scary. If anyone calls other than CO or 3-bets, give up the ghost.

zuluking
03-26-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO is playing virtually every hand (VPIP around 90, but PFR around 10

[/ QUOTE ]

Against someone like this, I would be capping this preflop.

Shillx
03-26-2005, 04:16 PM
This is a pretty easy 3-bet preflop. You are mainly looking for UTG+2 to fold but since he probably won't you want him putting bets in when he is drawing thin. Bet the flop as well.

Brad

mlb3zr
03-26-2005, 04:35 PM
I feel like you have to raise the turn to figure out where you are in the hand. If too much action ensues, you can get out. But if you are in fact ahead at this point, I think you want to force everyone else out because the board is not good.

tiltaholic
03-27-2005, 03:29 AM
i definitely think i muffed this one.

looking back, this seems to be a easy 3-bet pf. i need to get comforatble doing this. suppose i should also pay more attention to the villian and less to the 2+2 lagfest table.

i really think the flop is ok. but i can't articulate why. the dude was just autobetting flops (and turns...) i think. and if i hit a straight, they will both pay off.

i should have raised the turn maybe, but i couldn't shake the though CO had a king/straight. dumb.

i was planning to lead a blank river, but clearly it didn't blank.

so i check, check, bet, call, call. i am not comfortable with the passive lines.

will post results if there is interest...